Rats! :Warning: Not for the squemish

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a rat problem here. Any car thats parked overnight gets nests built in it and the wiring eaten.

A couple weeks ago I began a routine of sitting outside in a comfy chair with a loaded Pellet gun.

I shot 10 rats in 4 days. Didn't see or hear any more.

Today about 3p I saw one run across the porch and into an old Car my dad has.

This is what I found when I lifted the hood.

0617091937.jpg

Car is basically ruined.

So about 6p I went out, sat in my chair and waited. I could hear him under the hood so I proped it open slightly. Then he jumped out and ran to my Jeep then jumped up into it. I shot but missed a moving rat. I could hear him eating the plastic coating on the wiring.

I started the Jeep and saw him run back under the car.

I waited and listened. It started to get pretty dark so my chances of getting him were getting worse by the minute.

He was standing on the fan shroud and stuck his head up.

Big mistake on his part!

The result.

0617092020.jpg

He lived life dangerously........Dang you need a jaguar or something to roam your property.

Chevy 250 or 230 6 banger car? What model did the Rat destroy? Is the nest on the battery?

Good shot. I am not a hunter type but ya gotta do what you gotta do.........

Originally Posted By: oilboy123

Chevy 250 or 230 6 banger car? What model did the Rat destroy? Is the nest on the battery? The whole underhood is a nest.

76 Camaro. Intregal head 250. I've had the head off it 6x due to cracking(was a common problem with these).Last time it cracked it didn't get fixed.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: moribundman
Get a mouser: a cat or terrier.
The Coyotes eat cats.

Depends on the cat. Get a Maine coon.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Get some D-Con and be done with them.
Done that. Ended up killing everything around. Killed the ravens that ate the dead rats.

I like the birds.

Gerocery stores, restaruants, even places that sell bedding have rat problems.
I used to know a professional exterminator, we had some lively discussions about pest control.

Notice how they are all about Pest CONTROL? Not Pest ELIMINATION.
All you can do is try to control them.

Ever try to use some of the electrical EMP devices that create a magnetic distrubance within the walls of your house? I forget what they are called, but you could park your cars near the house and see if they still liked the situation.

Or perhaps you need to build an Owl box or something. They eat a bunch of rodents every night.

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
Notice how they are all about Pest CONTROL? Not Pest ELIMINATION.
All you can do is try to control them.

I hate that about a lot of pest control products.

They only kill the pest for 3 months or so.

When I kill a pest, I use more permanent means...they stay dead for way more than 3 months.

For some reason I have a picture in my head Homer Simpson destroying his car and house trying to shoot a rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back