Rats ate some stuff in my engine bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Donald
Originally Posted by 1foxracing
Honda makes a anti rodent tape, not cheap but I've heard of good results
https://www.ebay.com/i/171844106322...xJN9Zx3S-4wfc2Xz1ojog-TukdIaAn31EALw_wcB

It's got hot pepper embedded in the tape. Will convince the mice/rats to stop chewing, but not really repel.

Just sprinkle some tobasco on there.. it'll dry up and leave the cayenne pepper behind.... (use a hair dryer to hasten the drying)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by Dinoburner
Some of the hose insulation is made from soy don`t know about wire. Since the gov`t banned warfrin there isn`t a fast acting poison

Not for a licensed pest control tech.

The common OTC active ingredient diphacinone is an effective anticoagulant... and yes, it's slow acting as you def' don't want one dropping dead in a wall void. You want them to live long enough to go back to any nest they have outside the house; hopefully it's not in your wall or in the crawl space. You also don't want possums and racoons that may happen to eat a bait block dying under your home.

And they chew to keep their incisors short.

As it was explained to me if the warfrin didn`t kill at the bait the animal would seek water. Rodents in northern zones live inside and have no problem chewing thier way in. An exterminator installed a dense steel wool type barricade between the cladding and foundation but we still get squirrels. Shooting them at the bird feeders helps.

Originally Posted by Dinoburner
As it was explained to me if the warfrin didn`t kill at the bait the animal would seek water. Rodents in northern zones live inside and have no problem chewing thier way in. An exterminator installed a dense steel wool type barricade between the cladding and foundation but we still get squirrels. Shooting them at the bird feeders helps.

There's no law granting rodents permission to live in your home or in the basement/crawl space. They're inside because you haven't excluded them. If they're chewing through expansion foam, use steel screening.

And fwiw, you were given false info (see below)... warfarin doesn't cause thirst, it causes them to hemorrhage internally as the blood can't clot. There's no way to predict "where" or direct where, a rodent will eventually die.

Orkin - Warfarin/Anticoagulants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back