Rather interesting paint job

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this on main St today. Since the site has rules pertaining to se.x, age etc we need to keep it cool with the coments
cool.gif

I'll just say that I would not advertize my preferance on my car like this guy has if I was that way.

0614091117.jpg

While I wouldn't go to this length of advertising my sexuality, I do have a rainbow sticker on my license plate because I believe in living freely and openly.

A lot of gay people have rainbow stickers on their cars and in their businesses windows to advertise that we are part of the community and to show our strength in numbers by making it a common sight.

Same way that my Christian aunt has her little fish symbol on the back of her car. Somehow I wouldn't think this would be talked about or frowned upon, but a rainbow most certainly, and that's sad... (Not aimed at anyone in this thread, just stating a common reality)

I guess living in Canada allows me to live openly with my partner, while in most US states and other countries it's still frowned upon.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
While I wouldn't go to this length of advertising my sexuality, I do have a rainbow sticker on my license plate because I believe in living freely and openly.

A lot of gay people have rainbow stickers on their cars and in their businesses windows to advertise that we are part of the community and to show our strength in numbers by making it a common sight.

Same way that my Christian aunt has her little fish symbol on the back of her car. Somehow I wouldn't think this would be talked about or frowned upon, but a rainbow most certainly, and that's sad... (Not aimed at anyone in this thread, just stating a common reality)

I guess living in Canada allows me to live openly with my partner, while in most US states and other countries it's still frowned upon.
smirk2.gif

I'm just saying that this guy is asking for trouble. We all know that there's always a looney person somewhere and he might not like this persons idea of how he is living his life and may do something just to try to make a point.

Chris,

I didn't aim my post at you... I was speaking in general.

The way I see it and the way most people in our community see it, is that we can't live in hiding anymore. We are here and we need to fight for the same freedoms that everyone else seems to have and bring to light that this is the way we are born and not that we choose to be this way.

The only choice we have is whether to live freely and openly or in hiding, and now is the time that most people are coming out because they haven't felt as free in the past and countries like Canada and the UK and Denmark who have legalized gay-marriage and gay rights are making it very easy not to have to hide what us people were always but what we used to live in fear about.

I'm not saying that everyone should pain their cars as this person has, but what I'm saying is that we need to live openly and make our "statements" the same as Christian groups and political groups do or else acceptance in the world will never be gained and we will be silenced and have to live in the quiet placed in fear of persecution as in the past.
smirk2.gif

I'm not preaching or trying to be an activist, just trying to illustrate my point of view.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I'll just say that I would not advertize my preferance on my car like this guy has if I was that way.

Don't you have those naked, leggy chick mudflaps on your Pete?
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman

Don't you have those naked, leggy chick mudflaps on your Pete?
LOL.gif

Mori,

The funny thing is, I used to the "Girl" silhouette radio antenna on my first car because I was trying so hard to keep everyone from knowing my secret.
LOL.gif

Then I grew up, came out and threw the antenna away.

I have so much more closet space now, it's incredible...
crackmeup2.gif

I wouldn't say it's frowned upon down here. I know quite a few same-sex couples that live perfectly openly. However, other than a sticker or something like that it isn't advertised any more than the average straight person would advertise their preference. I think the extreme advertisement was the noteworthy part of the picture far more than the fact that "Wow, it's a homo sexual person*." As backward as people may thing Americans are, we live and work around all kinds of people every day. Even down here in the south where my neighbors look like extras for the movie 'Deliverance,' believe it or not.

The equivalent of this picture would be a person painting nothing but the aforementioned silhouette (for the purpose of this discussion we'll call it the "straight symbol" - to my knowledge there is no official one) in very large fashion all over his car. That's what I meant when I said it was "loud" in my above post and I'm pretty sure what everybody else was getting a kick out of too. No offense, but I wouldn't take it so personally.

That said, however, I understand do where you're coming from and it's understandable that you're on the defensive. I wouldn't take the matter further in the public forum for fear that we might violate all three parts of 'RSP' at one time.

* - had to put a space between homo and sexual because if you don't all you see is [censored]. Hmm.

I saw this on main St today. Since the site has rules pertaining to se.x, age etc we need to keep it cool with the coments
cool.gif

0614091117.jpg

Cute. What is that word on the side of the car?

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
At least the back of the car isn't full of bumper stickers.
Good point.
grin2.gif
55.gif
55.gif
55.gif
cheers3.gif

I really don't think this is an advertisement of sexual orientation. It looks far more like a business logo to me.

I used to put small rainbow stickers on the license plates of my vehicles until I got a little older and thought better of it. I am, after all, living in the bible belt...where the self-righteous reds in society uphold their beliefs on sunday mornings and then on Monday, think nothing of beating the life out of someone who's different than themselves. I guess I was a little bolder when I was younger, even though my little advertisements never seemed to garner any negative reactions - that I was made aware of.

If this is indeed s.o. based, he's gone WAY over the top. I just don't think that's what it is.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I wouldn't say it's frowned upon down here. I know quite a few same-sex couples that live perfectly openly. However, other than a sticker or something like that it isn't advertised any more than the average straight person would advertise their preference. I think the extreme advertisement was the noteworthy part of the picture far more than the fact that "Wow, it's a homo sexual person*." As backward as people may thing Americans are, we live and work around all kinds of people every day. Even down here in the south where my neighbors look like extras for the movie 'Deliverance,' believe it or not.

The equivalent of this picture would be a person painting nothing but the aforementioned silhouette (for the purpose of this discussion we'll call it the "straight symbol" - to my knowledge there is no official one) in very large fashion all over his car. That's what I meant when I said it was "loud" in my above post and I'm pretty sure what everybody else was getting a kick out of too. No offense, but I wouldn't take it so personally.

That said, however, I understand do where you're coming from and it's understandable that you're on the defensive. I wouldn't take the matter further in the public forum for fear that we might violate all three parts of 'RSP' at one time.

* - had to put a space between homo and sexual because if you don't all you see is [censored]. Hmm.

Sorry if I seemed defensive... Just was opening up the discussion with my point of view is all.

I have driven my Santa Fe with it's rainbow sticker into the states many times into "unsafe" areas and it has never been a problem for the most part... I have also encountered snickering and talking behind my back at gas stations etc. here and in the US. But I don't sweat it even though it bugs me.

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
I really don't think this is an advertisement of sexual orientation. It looks far more like a business logo to me.

I used to put small rainbow stickers on the license plates of my vehicles until I got a little older and thought better of it. I am, after all, living in the bible belt...where the self-righteous reds in society uphold their beliefs on sunday mornings and then on Monday, think nothing of beating the life out of someone who's different than themselves. I guess I was a little bolder when I was younger, even though my little advertisements never seemed to garner any negative reactions - that I was made aware of.

If this is indeed s.o. based, he's gone WAY over the top. I just don't think that's what it is.

Yep, looks to me like it could be a business vehicle also. BTW, who, or what, are the "reds" you are referring to? Like 'Commie Reds'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back