Rather interesting paint job

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty dense sometimes. When I heard my partner I was thinking does that mean what I think it means?

Then I thought StevieC must be mentioning a business partner or something?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I am pretty dense sometimes. When I heard my partner I was thinking does that mean what I think it means?

Then I thought StevieC must be mentioning a business partner or something?
21.gif

The fact that he drives a VW Cabriolet was another big clue for me.

partner is heaps common down here...I use it all the time, as me and the better half have been together over 17 years, and never been hitched.

StevieC is one of the good guys .

No matter how much you think you disagree, or are at odds with someone, there is always something you have in common, if you care to look for it. When you don't care to look for it, it says something about you, not them.

(Today's thought from A Day On BITOG)
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
The fact that he drives a VW Cabriolet was another big clue for me.

It's not really mine, I bought it for Adam (Partner). He always wanted one and I found a good low mileage one a few years ago so I bought it for him as a Christmas gift.
grin2.gif
(Yeah I'm like that)

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
No matter how much you think you disagree, or are at odds with someone, there is always something you have in common, if you care to look for it. When you don't care to look for it, it says something about you, not them.

(Today's thought from A Day On BITOG)
LOL.gif

You're gonna make me cry, please don't...
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
StevieC is one of the good guys .

Thanks Bud!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
While I wouldn't go to this length of advertising my sexuality, I do have a rainbow sticker on my license plate because I believe in living freely and openly.

A lot of gay people have rainbow stickers on their cars and in their businesses windows to advertise that we are part of the community and to show our strength in numbers by making it a common sight.

Same way that my Christian aunt has her little fish symbol on the back of her car. Somehow I wouldn't think this would be talked about or frowned upon, but a rainbow most certainly, and that's sad... (Not aimed at anyone in this thread, just stating a common reality)

I guess living in Canada allows me to live openly with my partner, while in most US states and other countries it's still frowned upon.
smirk2.gif

I do not care one way or the other what some ones race or sexual thing is so long as there is mutual respect between us all. I have more important things to worry about in my life.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
I do not care one way or the other what some ones race or sexual thing is so long as there is mutual respect between us all. I have more important things to worry about in my life.

You need to have lots and lots of children to make the world a better place!
thumbsup2.gif

You are AWESOME!

I have wondered for a while how members of BITOG would react to this sort of 'news'. Glad to see nobody is waving signs or bibles in my face, or Stevie's.

Exactly 0% of my friends could ever be found crawling under their cars or bikes changing oil. They find it hilarious that I do it and ALL of them ask why. None of them are the 'nelly queens' mentioned above, but they know nothing about cars past the fuel filler door. I just really enjoy doing my own work because I'm a control freak and I want it done right. They're ok with letting their respective dealerships do it for them, and that's alright. It's their money.

Thanks for being cool everyone.

I remember reading in a magazine or newspaper once an article about the 'most feminine vehicles' there were...and VW Cabrio's were No. 1 on the list! :p Guy writing the article owned one, and it was his favourite car, but was having a real issue with it, as he was straight, but kept wondering why people assumed he was gay....

I thought it was a shame 'cause I agree VW Cabrio's are nice cars! LOL!

There's a whole section of Dallas that's predominantly gay. 90% of the city's gay bars are located on one street (Cedar Springs Road). Here's the gayest cars I've witnessed during my 14 years in Dallas. You can't swing a dead cat on Cedar Springs Road without hitting one of the following:

VW Cabrio
Mazda Miata
VW New Beetle convertible
Chrysler Sebring convertible
Toyota Solara convertible
BMW Z3 roadster (Non-M)
BMW 3 Convertible (Non-M)

All with automatic transmissions of course.

The Subaru dealer closest to Cedar Springs markets heavily to the community. They maintain a presense in the Pride Parade every year.

I think they're a Lesbitarian thing like Jeeps with lift kits and Dodge Rams with loud exausts.

Just a question...ahem....

What is it with gays and convertibles? Could someone spell that out for me???

:p

Here's my take on it. Dallas is a very materialistic city. Keeping up with the Joneses is an expensive and constant practice here.

There's a certain breed of gay guys that desire to be fabulous and to be seen being fabulous. They'll lease themselves up to their necks in a BMW convertible if that's what it takes. Most live WAY beyond their means in order to impress. I know a few that live in a total sh*thole but drive a nice car.

I laugh at the ones I see driving around in Sebrings, since IMO that's one of the most ill-conceived convertibles ever to hit the road. They shake, shimmy and look awful IMO. But the average gay guy isn't the best judge of a car as a whole. If it has a folding top and is shiny, it's a done deal for a majority of them.

This gay guy won't have a convertible unless it's a WELL DONE convertible. Aston Martin comes to mind...a car that looks like it was born without a top. Same with the Mercedes SL, a car that I continue to love after decades. It pleases ME, I couldn't care less how anyone else feels about it. But unless I come into some money from some unknown dying relative or hit the lottery, it's but a pipe dream.

Cutting the roof off a Sebring, Mustang, etc. doesn't a good convertible make. But this doesn't make any difference to those who simply wish to be seen.

Keep the questions coming. I've always found that helping heterosexuals understand homosexuality serves as a bridge of peace between them.

Some "Fabulous" comments in this thread!
LOL.gif

Nice to see all us getting along in the same sandbox!
grin2.gif

My partner Adam always liked the VW Cabriolet, so I bought it for him for Christmas. While it is a fun car to drive, It's not my cup of tea.

Betty.JPG

I would rather a classic Chevy Belair type car personally, but I'm not your typical gay guy I guess.

I wish that I could have a "Rainbow" on my avatar here, would be nice to see all the members that belong to the community. I bet you there is more than you think. I have PM'ed back/forth with a few members already. Viragobry, I had an idea but now it was confirmed. Glad to see another!
wink.gif

cheers3.gif
everyone!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
....There's a certain breed of gay guys that desire to be fabulous and to be seen being fabulous. They'll lease themselves up to their necks in a BMW convertible if that's what it takes. Most live WAY beyond their means in order to impress. I know a few that live in a total sh*thole but drive a nice car.....

That's not just gay guys...
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back