Rather interesting paint job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: harley145000
StevieC,It takes guts to be openly gay.You have alot of courage.
I do now... Wasn't always like that... Life is too short IMO.
wink.gif

I saw a proclamation on a car that took real courage! An old, small Kia Sedan had a one foot wide, day-glo green sticker on the trunk lid. The sticker, which was peeling at the corners, said "AUTOMATIC" in large lettering.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I saw a proclamation on a car that took real courage! An old, small Kia Sedan had a one foot wide, day-glo green sticker on the trunk lid. The sticker, which was peeling at the corners, said "AUTOMATIC" in large lettering.
54.gif
Huh?

Originally Posted By: harley145000
StevieC,It takes guts to be openly gay.You have alot of courage.

Was thinking the same thing. Good on you!

I'm surprised with this being quite the "Hetero-Male" site that a lot of positive comments are coming my way.
wink.gif

IMO shows you that the world is changing...
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: addyguy
We're a pretty darn cool bunch here.
+1
thumbsup2.gif
for sure!

I think it's because if we all care so much about vehicle maintenance and oil etc. We must be an educated bunch and educated people generally are more understanding.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: addyguy
We're a pretty darn cool bunch here.
+1
thumbsup2.gif
for sure!

I think it's because if we all care so much about vehicle maintenance and oil etc. We must be an educated bunch and educated people generally are more understanding.

I think it's more a case of people getting to know you first via your voluminous posts. You're just like a regular person except you post more.
grin2.gif

It's one thing to be a bigot against a category of people, it's another thing to be a bigot against some individual you already know as a decent person.
11.gif

Shows what I know......I would not have thought that anybody of an alternative lifestyle would be into an automotive lubrication website? So there goes one of my prejudiced viewpoints...

Welcome to the site again StevieC, and to a new day.........Everybody seems pretty accepting on this site....

That is cool

*SHEDS A TEAR* Thanks guys!
LOL.gif

I know I should refrain from posting... But there is just too much to have an opinion on or to talk about. I can't help the "Chatty-Cathy" side of me.
grin2.gif

As for oilboy123's comment. We are all colors of the Rainbow, hence that as the official gay symbol. We are into everything that hetero people are... It's just what we do in private and with whom that is different.

My partner is a huge sports buff while I'm not and could care less if "there is a game on", but I'm into automotive stuff and watching shows like Horse-Power TV and he is not.

We also aren't the "gay" looking stereo type. We have both been hit on by females at parties etc. who are completely shocked when we tell them the truth.
wink.gif

cheers3.gif
Everyone!

I had sorta clued in quite a while back with the use of the word "partner". Didn't think anything of it, my sister's best friend is gay, and my wife's mom is a [censored].

Times have sure changed
grin2.gif

I'm surprised with this being quite the "Hetero-Male" site that a lot of positive comments are coming my way.
wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I still do not approve of homosexuality.

But, you aren't one of those "Hey everybody, look how GAY I am!" types that really get on my nerves.

Just don't tell me about any of your intimate encounters and we'll remain cool
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I still do not approve of homosexuality.

But, you aren't one of those "Hey everybody, look how GAY I am!" types that really get on my nerves.

Just don't tell me about any of your intimate encounters and we'll remain cool
wink.gif

For the record, those type in my community really bug me as well.
mad.gif

They give everyone the stereotype that we are all like this when the majority of us aren't! The media doesn't help with this either...
smirk2.gif

The way I see it is... You are what you are, but why do you need to wear it on your sleeve and blatantly advertise by acting differently.

At the same time I also believe in living openly and if it comes out then one shouldn't hide it either.

As for the "intimate" encounters, this would be no ones business anyways whether I was hetero or not and I would never discuss this so no worries.
wink.gif

Chevrofreak, I'm ok as well that you don't approve of it, that's your opinion and your belief the same that mine is the opposite and that's ok, because that's what makes the world unique. I just appreciate that you are good enough to leave it be at that.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back