Rare BMW M found on the street

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 of 21 BMW M Coupe made in Phoenix Yellow. One of my top 3 favourite body styles of all time and I am a BIG fan of yellow, but not this yellow. I would want one in Dakar Yellow or any blue. I see it around on weekends, he drives it through the winter.

Ugh, that parking job.

2iG9zpJ.jpg

E1f7YVk.jpg

Last edited:
Shoe or no shoe, you stand behind that thing and it has those wide tires and quad tips... I'm just a big fan of hatchbacks

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Looks like a shoe.

+1

Thought the same thing....

+2

An ugly car in an ugly color.
It's rare because not too many people would have paid BMW money to have been seen in this car.
What was BMW thinking?

I worked at a BMW dealer in high school during the late 90s/early 2000s and have an affinity for these. The looks aren't great but the M version made for an aggressive looking hatchback that was an exciting car to drive. The car does look like a shoe, but it's a fun shoe!

Not my favorite, but there are some interesting design characteristics to it.

I kind of like that color yellow. Other colors are "sportier", but thats an interesting and unique one.

Cant imagine the outlook for the car is that great if used in the winter.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
An ugly car in an ugly color.
It's rare because not too many people would have paid BMW money to have been seen in this car.
What was BMW thinking?

I like it? LOL!
grin.gif

I have always loved those. I remember reading about them when they first came out and it receiving praises for how good the weight balance was. Thanks for posting!

Nice machine. There’s one in silver that lives across the street from us.

Delightfully tossable with remarkable torsional rigidity. Its exhaust note is melodious, that legendary straight six is as sweet
as honey and the architecture is just eclectic enough to appeal to my funky side.
Exceptionally low volume notwithstanding that vomitus projectile color would be a deal breaker for me, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back