Rank your favorite dino bottom shelf brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agip & Wolf's head have a huge market around here. Either one of these oils are carried in all the garages/tire shops around here and many of our cars have run on those oils for years and years.

Is Wolf's Head a similar animal to Formula Shell? Seems i remember something about Wolfs Head being a SOPUS brand or was at some point...no?

Originally Posted By: wickerham
IIRC, Pennzoil used to own Wolf's Head but now Amalie does.

I looked it up, right you are. I found Wolfs Head spec sheet here and it looks pretty decent. I wish it was sold around these parts.

Originally Posted By: pavelow
I wouldn't use Super Tech oil. I'd use animal fat before I used it.

Nothing wrong with super tech. Use it in all my cars. 98 mustang with 275,000 miles, 03 ranger with 180,000 miles, and 05 crown vic with 80,000 miles. Nothing but super tech since new. Dont leak or burn a drop of oil in 4k to 5k oci's. Please tell me how bad super tech is,lol.

Well at my local WalMart, MC5000 is actually on the bottom shelf, does that count? :D

Good deal at $11/5qts, I think the add pack is interesting with lots of different things in there. Works good in my car also.

Originally Posted By: cpsychoholic
Nothing wrong with super tech. Use it in all my cars. 98 mustang with 275,000 miles, 03 ranger with 180,000 miles, and 05 crown vic with 80,000 miles. Nothing but super tech since new. Dont leak or burn a drop of oil in 4k to 5k oci's. Please tell me how bad super tech is,lol.

That's impressive! I've used Supertech (the WPP version sold here in Texas) a couple of times with good results.

Out of curiosity, are you using 5w30 in all your Fords?

Originally Posted By: hominid7
Originally Posted By: cpsychoholic

That's impressive! I've used Supertech (the WPP version sold here in Texas) a couple of times with good results.

Out of curiosity, are you using 5w30 in all your Fords?

Yes, 5w30 in all 3.

I also use super tech oil filters on the mustang and ranger. I use motorcraft 820 filters on the crown vic, anything else I've tried will have start up noise on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back