Ran into special friend yesterday

Good Morning BITOG faithful 😍

There is a tire company my work deals with right near my work. Their one driver Ralph I’ve known since I went to community college. He is deaf, greatest, kindest person I’ve ever met I think. He’s smart too; has a very high retention% of what he reads when he reads books. I was glad to see him Friday and I helped guide him to a new account his company has using my phone and writing info down for him.

Thought I’d share a happy Friday story.

As a person who is profoundly hard of hearing, I think you just made a friend.
what I can say is that there are precious few people that have the patience to deal with folks that are hard of hearing.

When someone is nice and recognizes that you don’t hear well, and they are helpful, they are a real gift.

Thanks for sharing your story!

There was a deaf team in one of my old bowling leagues. I had so much fun "talking" to them. They brought an 8.5x11 blank piece of paper and a pen to the lanes for communication purposes. I naturally use a lot of non-verbal communication so it's not a big deal for me and deaf folks are tuned into non-verbal communication so I find them easy to communicate with.

There was a deaf team in one of my old bowling leagues. I had so much fun "talking" to them. They brought an 8.5x11 blank piece of paper and a pen to the lanes for communication purposes. I naturally use a lot of non-verbal communication so it's not a big deal for me and deaf folks are tuned into non-verbal communication so I find them easy to communicate with.

Yeah, my friend is very good at communicating and even taught me some sign language. He knows me so I just pointed to shed; went into shed and he tossed them to me. I signed IPad his work uses and we hugged and said goodbye. I like him a lot. He’s like a family member I wish I had

Back