ran a car without a dip stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed that my dipstick was misinstalled when I checked the oil last time. So put it short, my dipstick was not installed properly for maybe 2 days of short drivings, and bottom part of the car was covered with oil. I checked the level of the oil and it looks fine though.
Should I worry about this?

It was just oil mist coming out of the dipstick tube, if the tube is in fine now, and the oil level is fine, you just rust-proofed the bottom of your car for cheap.

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
It was just oil mist coming out of the dipstick tube, if the tube is in fine now, and the oil level is fine, you just rust-proofed the bottom of your car for cheap.

Score!!!!!

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
LOL.gif

You're fine bud...
thumbsup2.gif

I would think it's bad because the engine sucked unfiltered air into the crankcase which was then burned by the engine via the PCV valve

Originally Posted By: tonycarguy
I would think it's bad because the engine sucked unfiltered air into the crankcase which was then burned by the engine via the PCV valve

I doubt it was sucking. Remove your oil fill cap when your engine is running and see if there is vacuum or pressure. I think you will be surprised to see that it is the latter.....

Yeah, I tried to clean some of it up but the oil is endless haha. I checked the oil but there is still plenty. I guess I have not spilled as much as I thought.
It is smoking on the tail pipe though. Hopefully it goes away after few miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back