Rain postpones Game 6 of world series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's not gonna rain - they are too sensitive to conditions! Sad.

Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
Lat: 38.76 Lon: -90.37 Elev: 568
Last Update on Oct 26, 8:51 pm CDT

Light Rain

49 °F
(9 °C)
Humidity: 90 %
Wind Speed: N 10 MPH
Barometer: 29.98" (1015.2 mb)
Dewpoint: 46 °F (8 °C)
Wind Chill: 45 °F (7 °C)
Visibility: 7.00 mi.

I live 20 miles from the stadium. At 9 PM I took the trash out and it was precippin.
thankyou2.gif

Last edited:
It really makes sense to do this instead of try to start the game and have a multi hour rain delay. It really isn't fair to the pitchers to have them plan one or two innings and then stop for the day.

IMHO, baseball is pathetic. 162 games? Come on. Bring back the 'roidheads and the 70+ HR seasons. Drop about 80-85 games and end in August.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
IMHO, baseball is pathetic. 162 games? Come on. Bring back the 'roidheads and the 70+ HR seasons. Drop about 80-85 games and end in August.

I agree but not for the reason you gave. Teams swap players in the middle of the season? Really? Stupid.

With that many games & inter-league play, the World Series is pretty much meaningless. The best team is obviously the one at the end of the year with the best record. All the WS does is determine who is the best at the end of the year amongst the top 8. But I digress...

I'd rather watch a continuous 9 inning game that lasts about 3 hours (well, 4.5 hours with pre-game, messing with DVR recording times) than a 6 hour rain-delayed game.

And one more day for Texas fans to enjoy some locally brewed Schafaly's.
laugh.gif

Matt Holliday looks like a real player. not! too bad the cards will be stuck with him for $17 million a year through 2016 and Pujols will walk in free agency. what a shame.

Wan't all that long ago that some where whining about how the Eagles/Vikings game was postponed because Phila streets were covered in snow.

Not because the players couldn't play, because they can, and have played in worse, but because the streets needed to be cleared.

Why can't baseball be played in the rain/snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back