Raceway near my new house LoL

So there is a short track dirt raceway near my new house. Decided to check it out last night. 7 classes most of them were marred by yellows so the racing never really developed. They also don't mind if you fog for mosquitoes. This was during qualifying but it happened during the race as well, my old track would have black flagged this guy.

Last edited:
That guy should have been flagged for sure. I have 2 dirt tracks near my house and also New England Dragway. I heard some top fuel running last week, which was surprising given the rain barely just stopped. 10 miles away and still sounds like it 1 mile away!
Mega Horsepower!

So there is a short track dirt raceway near my new house. Decided to check it out last night. 7 classes most of them were marred by yellows so the racing never really developed. They also don't mind if you fog for mosquitoes. This was during qualifying but it happened during the race as well, my old track would have black flagged this guy.

I don't know what part of FL. you're in but when I lived in Tampa (1987-2012) there was a small town near me named Gibsonton that had an oval dirt track. One of the guys that worked in the company I worked in, had a dirt track car. He would race in Gibsonton, as well as Pinellas County and Bradenton County. My son and I would go watch him race every now and then.

I don't know what part of FL. you're in but when I lived in Tampa (1987-2012) there was a small town near me named Gibsonton that had an oval dirt track. One of the guys that worked in the company I worked in, had a dirt track car. He would race in Gibsonton, as well as Pinellas County and Bradenton County. My son and I would go watch him race every now and then.
Been there many times in the past. I prefered the paved oval at desoto but that track shut for awhile and I never went back.

I am in Riverview which is the town that borders Gibsonton (carney town)

Been there many times in the past. I prefered the paved oval at desoto but that track shut for awhile and I never went back.

I am in Riverview which is the town that borders Gibsonton (carney town)
When I first moved to Tampa, my wife and I lived at her parents house for about a week (Brandon). We then moved to Riverview (Symmes Rd.) and lived in a new mobile home in Bull Frog Creek. We lived there while the HUD home we purchased in Seffner was being worked on.

Last edited:
When I first moved to Tampa, my wife and I lived at her parents house for about a week (Brandon). We then moved to Riverview (Symmes Rd.) and lived in a new mobile home in Bull Frog Creek. We lived there while the HUD home we purchased in Seffner was being worked on.
You would not recognize Riverview today, for that matter Seffner as well. All the land that can be built on is being used. Gibsonton/Boyette rd is 4 lanes and Bell Shoals is finally being widened. Supposedly 100k residents now.

You would not recognize Riverview today, for that matter Seffner as well. All the land that can be built on is being used. Gibsonton/Boyette rd is 4 lanes and Bell Shoals is finally being widened. Supposedly 100k residents now.
When I first moved to Riverview in 1987 there was a WINN DIXIE, OTTOS HARDWARE, and an Amoco gas station. 301 was 2 lanes thru Riverview. On the corner of 301 and Symmes Rd. was a Circle K. That was the ONLY businesses there!

Back