R.I.P. Vin Scully

I grew up watching Dodger games with my grandma and Vin Scully called almost all of them. She was a Dodger fan until the day she died, my grandpa was a Yankee fan. He called Dodger games in Brooklyn, then followed them to Los Angeles. He was probably one of the announcers ever to call a baseball game. His stories were fascinating and he would have to pause them to call the action. We lost one of the good ones today.

1659496826583.png
1659497055501.jpg

Vin Scully was 100% a class act and a good man. Those attributes came out in his broadcasts.

I'm sure the Dodgers organization is very sad tonight. Guys like Vin don't come along all that often.

RIP Mr. Scully

Something I heard on the game tonight about Vin that as incredible. The Giants named their visiting press box after Vin. Let that sink in, the Dodgers and Giants are absolute bitter rivals, and the Giants named their visiting press box after their rival's long time announcer.

RIP Vin Scully

I love how a mix of Stu Nahan & Vin Scully were portrayed in Fast Times at Ridgemont High as the sports caster was called "Stu Scully", who interviewed Sean Penn at the beach.

Growing up in LA in the 70’s and 80’s, I was blessed with two of the best announcers in sports, Vin Scully and Chick Hearn. Just listening to games on the radio from these two were great.

Back