Quiet & Smooth...PHM Jeep 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the oil last night in the 4.0L w/76k. I had been using Trop-artic syn-blend 10w30. But I recently bought some Pennzoil HM formula for my magnum V8 w/178k. However, I did not ave the heart to switch the V8 off of the Mobil-1 HM so I had to find a use for this Pennzoil HM dino.

I put it in the 4.0L and I immediately noticed it was quieter & smoother running. Heck I almost wish I'd have given it a try in the 5.9L but I think the main reason the Pennzoil HM worked so well in the 4.0 is because of the combination of the flat-tappet motor & a robust additive pkg...not sure if it would hav mattered as much in the roller magnum motor?

Just thought I'd share and give 2 thumbs up to Pennzoil HM formula.

Originally Posted By: FastSUV
Changed the oil last night in the 4.0L w/76k. I had been using Trop-artic syn-blend 10w30. But I recently bought some Pennzoil HM formula for my magnum V8 w/178k. However, I did not ave the heart to switch the V8 off of the Mobil-1 HM so I had to find a use for this Pennzoil HM dino.

I put it in the 4.0L and I immediately noticed it was quieter & smoother running. Heck I almost wish I'd have given it a try in the 5.9L but I think the main reason the Pennzoil HM worked so well in the 4.0 is because of the combination of the flat-tappet motor & a robust additive pkg...not sure if it would hav mattered as much in the roller magnum motor?

Just thought I'd share and give 2 thumbs up to Pennzoil HM formula.

Being the 5qt jugs are only $13.50 at Wallmart, its a very nice oil any way you look at it.

yeah...unfortunately I got this a few months back when it was 16.50...but I hope the price stays low. And of course the 4.0L takes 6qt so I had to drop 4 bucks for an extra qt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back