Quick recommendation for cross country trip..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did post a message before about going cross country. I luckily got an internship with Toyota for this summer out in California and have decided to drive out there for a six month stay. I figure 80% of the miles I put on my car will be highway miles so I figure that I may not change my oil until I get back. I estimate I will put close to 10,000 miles on the odometer when it is all said and done. I have bought a Toyo-Roki oil filter for my Integra and 5 quarts of GC 0w-30. I was wondering if M1 0w-40 would be a better choice for the task. I have seen many UOA's and both seem to do well for the long haul. What you do guys think?

Some will disagree, but IMHO, it's pretty much a toss-up. Both are excellent!

Since you've already been able to locate GC and went ahead and purchased it, use it for the trip.

Just do an analysis after the trip so we can all see how it did...

I'm Jellin...you Jellin? I mean, I agree with Jelly.
wink.gif
Did you get enough GC to top-off if needed?

[ May 18, 2004, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: 427Z06 ]

Heh, I like those jellin commercials. I think I should have bought another quart for topping off but I will just get another quart out there if needed, but I won't be using all 5 quarts either, so I will have a little left over, ~0.75 quarts.

My car is a 95 Integra with ~127,000 miles. Just breaking in. I did the AutoRX thing last summer. The car runs like butta, with no problems at all. I think I will do an oil analysis when I get back.

Thanks all, I will just stick with GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back