quick oil change places ... how do you know you're getting what you paid for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
06RANGER wrote:

"I'm physically capable of changing my own oil, but I'm an apartment dweller and DIY oil changes or frowned upon."

I get the picture now. Living in an apartment means giving up alot of freedom most of us take for granted. I remember those days.
frown.gif

[ January 21, 2006, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: GoldenRod ]

Yes, most shop policies have a "no customer in shop" cancelation clause. Tried to find one that didn't for my shop. ALL these policys so expensive I don't carry damage insurance. Could buy couple engines per year for premiums!!

Benzadmiral,

Use similar tool on my personal boats, LOVE IT!! But can you imagine the reaction if I attempted to use it on customers ride!

Bob

offtopic.gif

At my "luxury" apartment
rolleyes.gif
, I was hitting my starter with a hammer a few weeks ago to get my car running again on my 92 Mitsubishi mirage. well, I had to remove the air intake to get to the starter. So I was outside for 45 minutes taking and putting the parts back on. Anyway, the property manager was driving by on her golf cart thingy with prospective apartment clients showing a model apartment while I was doing car work. She didn't say anything to me. The next day I have a notice on my door "to all residents" that they will tow non running cars.
mad.gif
I didn't have to worry about it because my car cranked right up and it's been all good since. (knock on wood)

Cutehumor,

When I was an apartment dweller, all tenants got a similar notice one day. Funny thing is, they never enforced it.

We were also prohibited from doing any work on our vehicles. There were exceptions in my lease for necessary repairs such as jumping a dead battery, or changing a flat tire. I had to perform a couple of minor under-hood repairs while I lived there, & I never got any grief from the apt. manager. She lived next door to me, too.
smile.gif

i have done worse in apartment complex. i changed a cam belt on a friends jetta once in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday in a very upscale apartment complex. i had brought over my air compressor and impact wrench to make the job easier. we got a notice later that you cannot use impact wrench and air compressor in the parking lot, and that you cannot work on a vehicle in the complex, and that non runing vehicles will be towed.

while we were working on the car we hasd to take parts off and lay them on the ground. the hood was laying next to the car and the front tyres were off. alot of plastic shrouding was all over the place and parts were scattered about the ajoining parking spaces. we got it back together by sundown and then they threaten to tow his car because it didnt run.
imagine the look on the landladys face when he jumps in the car and fire it up.

Yeah apartment living is certainly restrictive, but like everything else it has it's advantages.

After Katrina many of friends who are homeowners lost all of the possessions and are still displaced. Some are fighting with their insurance companies and FEMA and still awaiting word to determine if they can even rebuild at all.

I just went up to my 2nd floor apartment and continued on with my life.

this is why I own a house. I hate Apartments with a passion. they will have to prove that the vehicle doesnt run before they hook up to it. leave her a note saying anyone tow my vehicle will be charged charge with grand theft auto
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back