Quick Lube atrocities? The other side of the coin inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which store did you go to? in what city?

Im not trying to start an arguement, I just would like to hear your feedback, so that we can better our service process. Besides the PCV valve, and the engine treatment, did you have any other concerns, or dislikes about the service?

if you would like to talk on a more in depth level, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

thanks
MIKE

The mere fact that OILSTOP uses Chevron oil impresses me. And if they actually encourage people to watch the oil change that is also impressive. But I checked and there are no OILSTOPs in Colorado. So when they are coming to Colorado?

MIKE,

It was the Torrance, CA store. I have no complaints about the actual service done. I like that they show you the dipstick level before you leave. The fact that they have Delo is the main reason I went there.

The only other complaint is about automatic transmission service. I did not have it done there because they neither pull the pan and change the filter, nor do a complete fluid replacement. Sucking a gallon of fluid out the dipstick tube and replacing it is not even worth doing, IMO.

The only other "quick lube" place I ever visited was a Valvoline one and they did not try to sell oil additives or anything else. They also did a "drop the pan" transmission service.

Jimbo,

I can see where your coming from about the PTFE additives and the transmission service. Im not going to say anything that would get me in trouble, but we do things a bit diffrently in my store. Regardless, its still a great place to get your car serviced, and if you dont like or need a particualr service, just say no.

thanks
MIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back