Quick dinner -- picture included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkey burger patty (turkey, hard-boiled egg, chopped onion, minced carrot, eggs, breadcrumbs, parsely and my proprietary spices) pan-fried in a little grapeseed oil. Oven roasted potatoes (baby Yukon, red and blue potatoes) with onions, with a drizzle of walnut oil and spices. Had Swedish lingonberries on the side, a cucumber salad and iced black tea. All in all a 30 minute endeavor.

*BUUUUUUUURP!*
wink.gif

-

Almost at the same time, I cooked myself a quick early dinner, too.

1. Cook half a pound of Mexican choriso.
2. Add 1 pound of champignon mushrooms, a cup of milk and half a cup of red wine.
3. Let the liquids reduce to a sauce.
4. Enjoy the food with a pint of Bittburger beer.

turkey burger is gross.......ugh.....

But I like the theme. My wife is gonna think I'm really weird when I start snapping chow photos. (I don't think she needs much persuading)

One of the true stupid moves in my life is not taking pictures of my many meals in China.

The flavor of ground turkey is "off" or something. You can't hide it with spices, oils or anything. It makes me gag.

Don't get me wrong. I like turkey, but the comercial raw ground stuff is just wrong.

Or simply get ground kitten meat. I'm sure you can find SOME ground meat that you like.
wink.gif

Ground lamb and ground pork are my favorite.

Ground beef is the old standby, but you know the saying; Once you've had buffalo there is no going back.

Ground kitten??

I hate ground chicken and ground turkey. Even more vile are some chicken/turkey "sausage". Ewe.

What do you call a steer with no legs? Ground Chuck.
What do you call a cow with no legs? Don't bother she can't come anyway.

I've never had Hasenpfeffer and I don't think I've ever seen it on a menu either. It's a stew made from bits of hare meat (not rabbit) that's unsuitable for a roast. The stew contains hare meat, smoked bacon bits, onions, red wine and lemon juice. It is thickened with hare or pig's blood. Ack! Served with dumplings over red cabbage. Hasenpfeffer is popular in the Alsace, which is part of France and borders Switzerland and Germany.

I don't care for ground turkey either. I like turkey just fine, but if I want ground meat, it's definitely not turkey.
My wife sometimes tries to trick me into thinking she's made a dish from ground beef, but I can ALWAYS tell when it's turkey. Yuck

This reminds me of a dish that is common in eastern Pennsylvania where I grew up, butI've never seen it anywhere else.
It's called hamloaf. Most of the local butcher shops have it on a regular basis. It's a mixture of half ground ham and half ground pork. You bake it like a meatloaf but add a glaze that's a mixture of vinegar, brown sugar and powdered mustard.
Sounds gross but it's pretty darn tasty. The meat gets a nice dark brown crust on it from the glaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back