Quick Amsoil PI question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, quick question. I recently purchased the 12 oz. bottle of the Amsoil P.I.

It shows to use a bottle up to 20 gallons. If I am going to be adding this to my take which is about 14 gallons, should I just add the full bottle, or a little less?

(The side of the bottle has oz/ and gallon markers. It doesn't specifically state to use more/less for anything under 20 gallons

Just make sure the tank is empty before you add it, or else you may waste your money.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Just make sure the tank is empty before you add it, or else you may waste your money.

Wahhhh
54.gif
(as said by the big guy in Jaws as Hooper said "Tigah Shahk" with something in his mouth)

Take it to the gas station with you ..or fill up shortly after adding it if you need to use a funnel and don't want to take it with you (I have to use a funnel on the wife's 99 ..but not on my 02).

Even if it's not empty, any fuel add should disperse it just fine.

I would run the treated tank as close to empty as practical.

Originally Posted By: robl
Folks, quick question. I recently purchased the 12 oz. bottle of the Amsoil P.I.

It shows to use a bottle up to 20 gallons. If I am going to be adding this to my take which is about 14 gallons, should I just add the full bottle, or a little less?

(The side of the bottle has oz/ and gallon markers. It doesn't specifically state to use more/less for anything under 20 gallons

I add the whole bottle. Go to the gas station, pour in the PI additive, fill the tank. Even if you have 3/4 of a tank you can add the PI (at the gas station), fill the tank, that will mix it up. Then drive and run the tank as close to empty as you can. Pumping gas is the best way to mix any fuel additives. I go to a self serve station, pour in the add and pump to mix.

AD

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Wahhhh
54.gif
(as said by the big guy in Jaws as Hooper said "Tigah Shahk" with something in his mouth)

Take it to the gas station with you ..or fill up shortly after adding it if you need to use a funnel and don't want to take it with you (I have to use a funnel on the wife's 99 ..but not on my 02).

Even if it's not empty, any fuel add should disperse it just fine.

I would run the treated tank as close to empty as practical.

Don't know about that one. I added the SI-1 to my Saturn when I had a half tank of fuel left. I then immediately filled up the tank. I'm not confident that the stuff mixed, as I never noticed a difference.

On a car that is in good shape and the fuel system is clean, I don't think you'd notice much of anything. You can't fix something that is well maintained if it ain't broke. My bet is your car is in good shape. :)

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back