questions...Amsoil/BG 44K/colour of syn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, and thanks for all the help so far...

I have 3 questions, and would like your opinions/suggestions.

1) Where can I buy Amsoil oil? I live in Oak Ridge, TN. is it available at napa stores?
Which Amsoil(type and weight) will be best for my 1997 Ford 4.6L v8, 82,000 miles? [I drive ca. 50 miles a day at average 45-50 mph, sometimes 65-70. Filter: Motorcraft FL-820S]

2) Has anyone used BG 44k? any good results? is an oil change neccessary after using it? how about Amsoil P1?
3) I started using syn. oil(Pennzoil 10-30) for the first time at 80,000 miles. After 1000 miles, the oil consumption is zero, but the colour seems a little darker than when i used regular oil. is it because syn. oil cleans more than regular oil?

Will be grateful for all your comments/answers. Thanks a lot.
-Nishan.

97TB,

If you happen to be down here in Huntsville, AL, we have several retail outlets that carry Amsoil products. The best selection is probably at "LBJ's Automotive", on south Memorial Parkway, right next door to the big motorcycle shop.

If you find the product locally, I'd go with the Amsoil 5w-30 or 10w-30 for this application. PI is pretty effective if you use it on a regular basis. I actually carry a bottle in my truck and use 1-2 ounces per tank. You can also use a cleanup doze of about 12 ounces every 6 months or so.

TooSlick
Dixie Synthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back