question

Status
Not open for further replies.
German Castrol 0w-30. It's a unique product of Castrol. The majority of Castrol 0w-30 you'll find in stores is energy conserving group 3 oil, but the GC is a thick 0w-30 that meets many European specs and speculation is that it's PAO/ester/good stuff.

The majority of Castrol 0w-30 you'll find in stores is GC. Check out your local AutoZone.
This is how GC is being distributed in the U.S.

For more info check out the GC forum.

BTW GC is a group IV/V blend. It's a fact, not a speculation.

Dodge1...you should also be aware that, although it is great oil, it is no longer produced and difficult to find especially since multitudes of BITOGs have cleaned out the USA .....
rolleyes.gif

He should be aware that it's still being produced and not all that difficult to find if you have an AutoZone store close by.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

BTW it should be still on sale at $3.99 qt.

Yes, the new formulation i.e. the "gold" stuff is full group IV synthetic, not group III. In addition, and please correct me if I'm wrong, isn't ALL 0w-30 produced by Castrol GC? All the other Syntec viscosities are produced in the U.S. and are group III.

It isn't hard to find, I left 12+ Green GC at the AutoZone I visited this morning.

I bought the 7 I needed for my oil change at $3.99 a quart and left the rest for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back