Question re: first time oil use

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 7000 miles in my Ford Crown Vic - I've done maybe 7-9 oil changes already and this is the first time I'm using a "synthetic", SuperTech Synthetic 5W-30 to be exact.

I was planning to just run it for a year (around 3000 miles) and sending it in for an oil analysis.

Would I screw up the results changing the oil filter once before changing out the oil?

No. It will reduce the wear numbers by a small amount and raise the additives but for 3K-what the hey
smile.gif

The real question is why do you feel the need to change the filter when you're not even going to have 3k on it? A high quality oil filter should easily last a year.

Patman has a point. BTW there is nothing wrong with SuperTech. I think they are above average in quality in construction and filtering ability.

quote:

Originally posted by metroplex:
I'm sticking to a tight budget, so I'll be using SuperTech oil filters
smile.gif

They should be able to handle being on the car for one year too.

Speaking of Supertech, I had a dream last night that I found a warehouse that sold these things up here, only they didn't look like oil filters, they looked like some huge space age type device (but in the dream I knew they were oil filters)

Yes, I've gone completely off the deep end now that I'm dreaming about oil filters!!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back