Question re: first time oil use

I have about 7000 miles in my Ford Crown Vic - I've done maybe 7-9 oil changes already and this is the first time I'm using a "synthetic", SuperTech Synthetic 5W-30 to be exact. I was planning to just run it for a year (around 3000 miles) and sending it in for an oil analysis. Would I screw up the results changing the oil filter once before changing out the oil?

Patman

Staff member
The real question is why do you feel the need to change the filter when you're not even going to have 3k on it? A high quality oil filter should easily last a year.

Al

Patman has a point. BTW there is nothing wrong with SuperTech. I think they are above average in quality in construction and filtering ability.

Patman

Staff member
quote:
Originally posted by metroplex: I'm sticking to a tight budget, so I'll be using SuperTech oil filters [Smile]
They should be able to handle being on the car for one year too. Speaking of Supertech, I had a dream last night that I found a warehouse that sold these things up here, only they didn't look like oil filters, they looked like some huge space age type device (but in the dream I knew they were oil filters) Yes, I've gone completely off the deep end now that I'm dreaming about oil filters!! [Big Grin]