Question on web page display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about how web pages display. On most web pages they are scaled to fit on my monitor. However some have a sliding bar on the bottom that I have to slide to read the right side of the message. As an example, on the off topic forum there is a thread about the airlines and there fee's etc. This page I must slide the bar over the the right to read the messages. Is there a setting I can adjust to show the whole message?? BTW I'm using internet explorer. Thanks, tom

Tom, that's because someone posted a picture or a graph that is larger than the page display can show all at once on your computer, so it automatically gives you the sliding bar at the bottom so you can see the entire pic/graph. You'll see that anytime someone posts an oversize pic/graph. That's one of the biggest advantages of a the wider screens, they show the entire page to you.

BTW, that's true anywhere on the web, not just here :)

Originally Posted By: hate2work
Tom, that's because someone posted a picture or a graph that is larger than the page display can show all at once on your computer, so it automatically gives you the sliding bar at the bottom so you can see the entire pic/graph. You'll see that anytime someone posts an oversize pic/graph. That's one of the biggest advantages of a the wider screens, they show the entire page to you.

BTW, that's true anywhere on the web, not just here :)

Thanks for the info!! So then there is no option to automatically scale down these pages?? Tom

I don't know about Internet Explorer, but other web browsers (such as Firefox) allow you to zoom in/out by using Ctrl/+ Ctrl/- keys. It's not automatic though.

Some browsers also have an option to automatically scale down images so that they fit the screen width. You'd have to look in your browser's options/preferences to see if such an option exists.

Last edited:
It has to do with the website itself. Some are static width, some are dynamic and expand and collapse as needed without scrolling. If one has to scroll side to side they must have a rather low res monitor. Most sites do not exceed 1024px.

We should have a later version of UBB.Threads software (our board software) by the end of August.

Image width will be limited to some maximum width at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back