Question on making a barcode.

I have a paper cvs card that I use in the store to scan on a machine to get coupons out. The barcode on the card is starting to wear off and I want to make another card. Please dont tell me to get a new one from cvs. I just want to make another barcode. My question is, is the number below the barcode the same as the barcode? How can I replicate the barcode? If the number below the barcode is the same as the barcode I can just type the number into a barcode maker and make a new barcode.

Yes the number should be what is encoded in the bar code. There are different types of codes though. Simply turning on the camera of a late-model smartphone and pointing it at a barcode it will usually read it, assuming the code is not too damaged.

Try to use an online barcode generation tool to see if you can get a barcode that looks like what your card has, then compare.

If the barcode is ANSI Code 39 then you can download the font “free 3 of 9” then write the number and use that font. It will need asterisks on each end of the number. Example: *12345* then use the free3of9 font.

I think i was able to make the barcode. I just have to test it out at cvs now.

You can test it out on your phone with the a barcode reader.
I did test the original barcode on my phone and i made the barcode have the same string of numbers so it should work fine. But i can’t be confident until cvs gives me my coupons. Lol

Back