Question on 0w-20 SP rated oils

Can I just ask a simple question here that’s bugging me… do you actually have an engine that requires SP, or are you simply trying to find oils that exceed the spec required by your engine? Like it’s been said, what exactly are you asking about the SP oils, and why does it matter if you have an engine that’s SN+ or older? What are you trying to determine? Either the manufacturer says it meets the requirements or not. Jugs on the shelves are always the best place to check what the spec is, not a website with 300 pages that need to be monitored by someone.
Been waiting since December for a response, actually sent two requests regarding the Ultra 0w20 fact sheet.

Can I just ask a simple question here that’s bugging me… do you actually have an engine that requires SP, or are you simply trying to find oils that exceed the spec required by your engine? Like it’s been said, what exactly are you asking about the SP oils, and why does it matter if you have an engine that’s SN+ or older? What are you trying to determine? Either the manufacturer says it meets the requirements or not. Jugs on the shelves are always the best place to check what the spec is, not a website with 300 pages that need to be monitored by someone.
Not really, my Miata needs SN or above. Just a curiosity when I posted way back then. Since then Pennzoil updated their 0w-20 data online and have SP info.

Back