Question, is a Dell Optiplex better then ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are good, when I worked at a computer refurbisher I rebuilt a lot of those. Occasional bad motherboard or PSU but that's rare. Solid, fast machines. They run Win10 great.

Last edited:
If I had known Dell was [censored] I'd have tossed out my computer 5 yrs ago when new (Dell Inspiron 560, Q8300 processor, Windows 7). Since it's been problem free since day one...I'll continue to keep it.

I have owned nothing but Dell Desktops and Laptops and have had 0 issues. I currently have a Kabby Lake Dell Inspiron 5000 and it's a year old. Flawless.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Since it's a business machine the license will be for Pro. I believe you can still upgrade for free if you use assistive technologies.

FWIW, I still haven't had any issues upgrading/converting ANY machine that was alive and licensed before the release of win10. There are even a couple I know for sure did not have legit win7 licenses but were still issued unique Win 10 pro licenses. Is that a guarantee? No - but it's worth a shot. Otherwise you can get salvage windows 10 keys for $5-10 on eBay. I've bought several windows and office licenses so far with no issues from various UK-based sellers. The only problem I had with the office 2016 licenses is that you have to call in to activate them vs automatic online.

Everyone, thanks for all the replies, worked late today and just went through them all.

Ill mess around with it, see how it goes, maybe for starters throw Win 10 on it and maybe not, Ill know soon.

Pretty balanced thoughts and ideas, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back