Question About Ordering Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I became an Amsoil "Preferred Customer" several months ago when I made my first Amsoil purchase (the order was phoned in).

I just submitted my 2nd order, but this time I used the webpage instead of the phone. After it was completed, I noticed that I did not get the preferred customer discount. I then went back to the homepage and noticed the "Preferred Customer" special login. Is this login needed for the website to automatically apply the discount? Will Amsoil automaticaly adjust the invoice when the order is processed?

Thanks, DH.

[ October 13, 2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: DockHoliday ]

Never mind, I just got the email from Amsoil, which answered my question.

They really need to improve that system. And I really don't desire to have another login name and password, so I have zero desire to create a "Preferred Customer" login.

Just charge the price that the product is worth, and cut out all of the marketing crap. All of the MLM and membership programs take away from the credibility of the products. And I really don't much care for all the crap they send me eitheer. After all, it is just motor oil.

I agree. Is Amsoil a spinoff of Amway? They seem to have the same approach to marketing/distribution. I agree that it makes one wonder about the quality of their products, even though they kick butt.

I always place my orders via the phone. It's too easy...seriously. Nice friendly phone gals.

Amway is in NO way related to Amsoil. Amsoil has no strong arm, no minimum buy, and certainly NO allegations of illegality.

I don't use the Amsoil website. I order mine thru Msparks. I get better prices, no hassle and support someone on this site. Works for me.
grin.gif

quote:

Nice friendly phone gals

Ohh yeah.
grin.gif

I order via phone. Amsoil has the best customer service I've dealt with. They will answer ANY question you give them and are extremely nice. This is one of the reasons I continue to use there oil as the competition has become tougher over the years. I'd rather give my money to a company that has great customer support. Their marketing isn't the greatest but UOA's speak for themselves.

[ October 14, 2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

I totally agree. Not only for the service, but for the quality products. BTW I notice most of their products say, "recommended for" not "meets specifications for." Am I parsing this too closely? Does this mean they don't pass the test or have never been tested, but they just recommend them for an application? I just put Amsoil ATF in my tranny and it shifts much better than it did, but I notice it does not say "meets Mercon" it just says, "recommened for Mercon, Mercon V."
grin.gif

quote:

BTW I notice most of their products say, "recommended for" not "meets specifications for."

Some have brought that point up. I don't think it matters because it costs a lot of money to certify oils for these tests and small blender companies like Amsoil don't fork out the money to do so. I'm sure Amsoil meets everything mentioned. I wouldn't even be surprised if Mobil 1 10w-30 meets the A3 spec. if tested for it.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
I wouldn't even be surprised if Mobil 1 10w-30 meets the A3 spec. if tested for it.

There is no way Mobil 1 10w30 can meet A3, it's only got a 3.1 HTHS, and to meet A3 it needs to be 3.5 or higher.

Patman, it's 3.2.
tongue.gif
Well if this is true, then A3 is nothing to be concerned about. There was one UOA with a guy who ran Mobil 1 10w-30 in the Autobahn at 140mph speeds and it gave one of the best UOA's on this board. Not to mention that Mobil 1 10w-30 NEVER goes out of grade. In fact it will outperform many other A3 oils.

I am sure you guys are right. However, these are new cars, a Mazda and a Cadillac CTS still under an extended warranty. I don't want to get into a argument with the dealer over warranty issues. If this oil doesn't can't prove it meets specs I won't use it until after the warranty period. I don't care how good it is. It is simply a question of money, not a question of quality.
grin.gif

Dock-
I recommend using the phone for orders, unless it is too inconvenient.
It will be a while before AMSOIL will be able to process fax or on=line orders directly. Now they require reentry at the company-just another place for error.

Amsoil has nothing to do with Amway. Amway is a Michigan Corp (Grand Ripids) owned by the DeVoss family and Amsoil is a Wisconsin Corp Superior) owned by the Amatuzio family, private corps.

No big deal to set up a account for web ordering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back