Question about oil for ram 2500 need advice.

So here goes my first ever post. Got a new ram hemi 2500, NO MDS, and i use it in what the manual would call severw service. Lots of off road, towing in hills,mud,snow, oil and logging roads, temps down to -45c, long idle times like up to 10-12 hours a day, well u get the picture. I was thinking of switching to chevron delo 400 0w30. Is this a good choice? Any suggestions on something better? Btw i put on a lots of kms a month usually between 5-10k km.

I don't think anyone here can think of anything bad about Delo. It's a great oil. If you are really severe service then you will be changing at short intervals and thus do not need synthetic.

With starting/driving in -45C weather, I'd absolutely go with a Full Synthetic 0w-30 as it gives you a lower Pour Point. I'm in Minnesota, so I hear ya on the cold temps. Ask yourself: During these cold starts, do you want Honey in your truck's engine you're paying so much for, or do you want Whole Milk?

Originally Posted By: leeaspell
So here goes my first ever post. Got a new ram hemi 2500, NO MDS, and i use it in what the manual would call severw service. Lots of off road, towing in hills,mud,snow, oil and logging roads, temps down to -45c, long idle times like up to 10-12 hours a day, well u get the picture. I was thinking of switching to chevron delo 400 0w30. Is this a good choice? Any suggestions on something better? Btw i put on a lots of kms a month usually between 5-10k km.
Just asking out of curiousity. Does it come in a gallon jug or individual bottles? Chevron would make a killing if they distributed it outside of the far north.