Question about oil for a 2013 VW Toureg gasser

pbm

A family member acquired a 2013 VW Toureg last October with the 3.6 gas engine and 89K. It is a very nice vehicle but she isn't the most maintenance minded of people. I told her that it probably needed the oil changed since she has been short tripping it to work every day and has put about 5K on it and doesn't know when the oil was last changed. I offered to do it at my home (where my tools are). I assume it takes VW 502/505 oil which would give me the choice of Mobil 1, Castrol or the new QS Euro at Walmart. Suggestions?
Also....It takes 7+ quarts of oil and doesn't have a dipstick. (I dislike the technology used where the oil is checked on a screen but that's another issue). I have a few quarts of the old German Castrol green 0w30 and a few qts. of German Castrol gold 0w30...together there is enough for an oil change....can they be mixed? Could I use a 5 qt jug of Castrol European 0w40 and 2 quarts of the GC (green or gold)? Just looking for suggestions? Thanks....Any suggestions on an oil filter?

I would think that engine takes 504/507.
I haven't seen the Owners Manual and you're probably right....Are those readily available at Walmart, AZ, AA etc....?

I just looked at Rockauto and all the recommended oils are Liquimoly and Pentosin with the lone exception being Mobil 1 ESP.... I guess she will have to spring for some bucks for buying a 'luxury European import'....RA shows VW oil filters for approx. $14 each ....with the best deal being on Baldwin for $6ish and Mahles for $9ish...

No VAG vehicles actually spec'd 504 until 2018/2019... But if you want to use 504 instead of 502 now, you can.

Yep, either will work fine. My 2018 Passat with the same engine has both stickers under the hood, 504 and 502.

Honestly a 2013 Treg is not a great choice for someone who won't do maintenance. Too late now, glad you are looking into it.

Yes wonderful vehicles but definitely should be taken care of. They deserve it.
I think with the 3.6 sticking to the service guide would serve you well. I'd do the t-case and a pan drop every 50k.

All the failures that the T3/7P is "known for" seem to be random, and all of the "will fail" items are on the diesel/hybrid.

Some have/will lunch a front differential, but most won't.

Thanks guys....the 0 and 5w40 Castrol , the 0w40 M1 and the QS Euro 5w40 are all stocked in 5 qt. jugs at Walmarts near me. The QS is a great deal @ $19 for the 5 qt. jug. The only thing I'm concerned about is the 36mm cap wrench. I'll let you know how it goes when I actually get to it. I'll try to get her to understand the importance of servicing her beautiful new ride (it really is a nice vehicle).

Thanks guys....the 0 and 5w40 Castrol , the 0w40 M1 and the QS Euro 5w40 are all stocked in 5 qt. jugs at Walmarts near me. The QS is a great deal @ $19 for the 5 qt. jug. The only thing I'm concerned about is the 36mm cap wrench. I'll let you know how it goes when I actually get to it. I'll try to get her to understand the importance of servicing her beautiful new ride (it really is a nice vehicle).
Cheapest place for that socket is Lowe's. There's usually a Kobalt or Craftsman 36mm in the individual sockets drawers.

Back