Question about LCD LPG-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using LP-20 and have noticed my oil is cleaner well past the OCI. It is now approaching 2X the interval which is 3,750, and it is just beginning to turn medium brown on the stick. I wiped the stick on a clean cloth and the stain is a light nutty brown. I have not had to add a single drop in this entire interval - now 6K+. The oil feels and smells right. No gas dilution. It appears to me the oil is fine. I was planning to go to 7.5K but noticed that it was recommended by LCD to go to 10K. Based on what I see, I have no reason to doubt this. My oil has always turned a very dark brown to blackby 3,750 and I've always had to add a half quart.

The question I have is this consistent with the experience of those who use this product? If so, I think I'll go to 10K if the oil looks right. Many thanks for any input. (I recognize the correct way to make this assessment is with an UOA but I'm looking for experiencial data).

Last edited:
Been using this for many many years, 1 once per quart at change but not really sure it does anything but habits are tough to break.

I just started. Per the bottle, 4 ounces at my oil change and 1 ounce @1K thereafter. Oil is amazingly clean for the mileage and looks very usable. I like both products.

I got the idea from Molakule's posts about the product. Hopefully he can chime in here.

What does it add that a fully formulated oil is missing? That question seems to come up time and time again when people mention oil additives. This is a product I often wondered about. It was talked about a lot a few years back, then fell off the radar. I figured this was as good a time as any to ask. Thanks.

Edit to add: IIRC this product is intended to be used at each and every OCI.

Last edited:
I have no clue as to what it has over oil. I tried it because Molakule said he did some work with them and spoke favorably about the product(s). I like what I'm seeing so I thought I'd ask what others experienced. I'm also hoping Molakule will chime in as to what makes it worth while technically/scientifically, validate my observations of the product are valid results of using LC20 and to get his take on the efficacy of longer oil intervals.

To clarify, it is this company: http://lcdinc.com LC20. Yes, every oil change. 4 ounces initially and 1 ounce per 1,000 miles. I'm also using FP60 and will reorder FP60 plus. My injection system is happy using it. Spray patterns are superb.

Thanks for chiming in.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Originally Posted By: keesue
Oops, yes, LC-20. I use LP-60 also. Thank you.

You mean FP-60? lol

Yeah, Jeez...
tired.gif
Thanks...

LC20 is an oil additve that has lubricants, some hydrocarbon solvent cleaners, extra anti-oxidants, and some added AW included.

For modern engines using modern oils I don't think it is any longer needed. It was developed back when engine oils had high sludging potential and people needed a crankcase cleaner.

If you have an engine with sludge in it, it will clean it out. This is one (of many) decarbonizers that has been used in the "MolaSoke" process for decarbonizing piston crowns and piston rings.

Now the FP PLUS is a fuel additive that can clean the fuel system, injectors, and reduce injector stiction. It has a bio-synthetic solvent included.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: keesue
I have no clue as to what it has over oil. I tried it because Molakule said he did some work with them and spoke favorably about the product(s). I like what I'm seeing so I thought I'd ask what others experienced. I'm also hoping Molakule will chime in as to what makes it worth while technically/scientifically, validate my observations of the product are valid results of using LC20 and to get his take on the efficacy of longer oil intervals.

To clarify, it is this company: http://lcdinc.com LC20. Yes, every oil change. 4 ounces initially and 1 ounce per 1,000 miles. I'm also using FP60 and will reorder FP60 plus. My injection system is happy using it. Spray patterns are superb.

Thanks for chiming in.

I'm trying to learn too. It was very popular a few years ago. Molakule cleared it up in his reply. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back