question about HTHS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, good question. The minimum HTHS is 2.6 for the SAE 20 viscosity grade.

This chart is almost identical to the Mobil Drive Clean product data except HTHS is not listed for Mobil DC.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
I don't know, but the pour point (for both 5w20 and 5w30) looks wrong. It's higher than for the 10w30.

Per a couple post/exchanges we had yesterday I think this again could be due to the use of more group II blended into the 5w-30 .

It stands to reason more of a base oil with less impurities and better natural cold pour tendancy could use less pour point depressants and better cloud point while still achieving the goal of the chemists .

The cold performance numbers for the Motorcraft 5w-20 is not exactly earthshaking like one might think.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:

The cold performance numbers for the Motorcraft 5w-20 is not exactly earthshaking like one might think.
smile.gif

If you compare pour point numbers the Motorcraft 5W-20 is -49*F and -45*C. That a lot better than the -30*C. Exxon doesn't list the cold cranking or pumpability so I can't compare it to the Motorcraft.

Whimsey

I just noticed that this post is #666. Trust me I have notheing to do with the devil
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back