Question about BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering how you can quote whatever you want to out of somebody else's post insted of havivg to use the whole thing.
You know, when you reply.

No body ever looks at the general information form, so I decided to use this one.

32.gif

33.gif

can somebody help?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Hit the button. Then, in the box the quote tags.

Got it! Thanks!!!

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Hit the quote button.

I guess this is right? I plead ignorance. Is this type of question in the FAQs?

I dunno
54.gif

What you gain is the "=oilboy123" assignment in the quote ..and you may save a few key strokes.

I'll go and quote someone ..edit it as needed ...copy it ..reply to someone else, quote them ..paste in the other quote ..so I can have each "assigned" quote in the reply.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Hit the quote button.

I dunno
54.gif

What you gain is the "=oilboy123" assignment in the quote ..and you may save a few key strokes.

I'll go and quote someone ..edit it as needed ...copy it ..reply to someone else, quote them ..paste in the other quote ..so I can have each "assigned" quote in the reply.

Can I quote you on that?

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Hit the quote button.

I dunno
54.gif

Can I quote you on that?

You may quote him, can you?
grin2.gif

On the topic, if you want to quote than one person in a post you can use the normal quote code {quote} {/quote) then modify it by putting the person or entity you are quoting to the quote code.

Originally Posted By: Albert Einstein
Make everything as simple as possible but no simpler

I modified the {quote} to {quote=Albert Einstein} , using brackets instead of curly brackets.

Originally Posted By: fordboy
Hit the button. Then, in the box the quote tags.

Got it! Thanks!!!

I see what you did there.

Ever wonder what [censored] word that someone used? All the [censored] swear words are viewable when you use the [censored] quote function.

The full [censored] quote, with all the [censored] that the forum's formatting adds alongside the [censored] text is completely available for your reading enjoyment.

happy2.gif

You can quote whatever you want to quote someone else on, i.e. frame someone for saying what they have never said, but they can always go back and discovered that they didn't say that.

It could be very very annoying.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
You can quote whatever you want to quote someone else on, i.e. frame someone for saying what they have never said. Actually, I do that all the time. I attribute stupid things to people, and make them look like incompetent fools. Its great fun!

Panda, BE NICE!

Originally Posted By: ksJoe
You can quote whatever you want to quote someone else on, i.e. frame someone for saying what they have never said. Actually, I do that all the time. I attribute stupid things to people, and make them look like incompetent fools. Its great fun!

I, on the other hand, only post the actual quote. I'd never stoop so low as to put words in another members quote box

Me either
21.gif

You cann kwote whatEver you wont too kwote somewon ellse on, i.e. frayme somewon four saying wot they half nevur zed, but they cann allways goe beck and discovered that they didn't zay that.

It cood be very very anoyinng.

Bah, you're paranoid.

By the way, I just remember that last year a moderator went ahead and fixed one of my typos in one of my posts. Pablo got immediately all hot and bothered.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Ever wonder what [censored] word that someone used? All the [censored] swear words are viewable when you use the [censored] quote function.

The full [censored] quote, with all the [censored] that the forum's formatting adds alongside the [censored] text is completely available for your reading enjoyment.

happy2.gif

This is a useful tip. A few days ago somebody used the term "[censored] and span" in one of their posts. I must have spent five minutes just sitting there mentally inserting all of the dirty words I knew, trying to figure out what the censored word was. Then it hit me. S-P-I-C and span!
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back