Question about backlighting on an LCD TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: D189379
You get what you pay for.

Please recommend me another 22" TV/DVD combo that will be better.

Is this a tv and a dvd player, or one of those tv and Dvd combined units?

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a HDTV unless you plan on getting a bluray player.

You probably just should have grabbed a CRT combo player from costco or something and saved $300.

it's true , you get what you pay for . Had to return a 32" SYLVANIA due to poor picture quality and 2 SHARP 32" due to crystal defects . The 32" MAGNAVOX we got now has issues with recognizing signal through the H.D.M.I. inputs . Thus , have to use the COMPONENT input from the DVR cable box. Not much , if any difference in picture quality . Got these sets due to opening in entertainment center and the width of the better units being too wide . If the SONY tube t.v. would have died a year earlier we would of had many options with SONY , TOSHIBA , PANASONIC , etc.. :- (

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Manufacturing defect. Another replacement should be ok.

This a second unit already, with the same problem. At this point, I don't think I want to give it a third try. I found some reviews on the net that seem to be confirming this is a common issue on this model.

Originally Posted By: D189379
Is this a tv and a dvd player, or one of those tv and Dvd combined units?

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a HDTV unless you plan on getting a bluray player.

You probably just should have grabbed a CRT combo player from costco or something and saved $300.

It's a combo. As I wrote in the original post, this is for the kitchen where space is limited, so I don't want a big honky CRT, or a standalone DVD player. I also want the DVD player to support DivX, which this Toshiba does.

I am looking at my 24" Wide screen Dell UltraSharp LCD monitor. No such bleeds. Get your money back, get something else.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Get your money back and go to a store and look at some TV's in person.

Once again, I cannot find another 22" LCD TV/DVD combo. Please let me know the make/model number.

Thanks. Actually, the LV505 (which I have) is supposed to be the higher end model... anyway, I think I'm done with Toshiba TVs for now... will have to convince the g/f to get one without the DVD built-in.

Don't know if you have a Bestbuy near by. But you can get a Sharp 19" combo Model: LC19DV24U for $389, or 22" Sharp Model: LC22DV24U for $499. If you don't have a store you can order on-line.

Walmart's have 26" RCA combos at my local store for $428.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back