Question about Audi Quattro (Haldex) system

I have a question about the Quattro system in a 2019 Audi S3. I know that it's Haldex. I currently own a Kia Sorento with AWD (but not Haldex) and before that I had a Chevy Equinox that had a Haldex AWD system. The Equinox and the KIa both apply some power to the rear wheels every time when starting up from a complete stop, but then the power to the rear tapers off. Of course it can add power to the rear if it detects slip in the front. But always some power to the rear on start up. Does Audi's Haldex system work the same, as far as power to the rear on every start from a dead stop?

Thanks

let me google that for you.. be back in 1m

answer: its different. much more tuned and sporty than the equinox system.

I have a question about the Quattro system in a 2019 Audi S3. I know that it's Haldex. I currently own a Kia Sorento with AWD (but not Haldex) and before that I had a Chevy Equinox that had a Haldex AWD system. The Equinox and the KIa both apply some power to the rear wheels every time when starting up from a complete stop, but then the power to the rear tapers off. Of course it can add power to the rear if it detects slip in the front. But always some power to the rear on start up. Does Audi's Haldex system work the same, as far as power to the rear on every start from a dead stop?

Thanks
Yes. It works similar. But with the haldex controller programming, it can send power to the rear during cornering to reduce understeer and maintain a line better.

The haldex lockup can be measured in VCDS, and it will prove that on startup from a complete stop, it will send some power to the rear axle.

Yes. It works similar. But with the haldex controller programming, it can send power to the rear during cornering to reduce understeer and maintain a line better.

The haldex lockup can be measured in VCDS, and it will prove that on startup from a complete stop, it will send some power to the rear axle.
Thank you.

It doesn't do it as default, no. It will do it with a certain amount of throttle application or wheel slippage, yes.

The system is constantly adjusting based on many factors (drive mode, whether you are accelerating, braking, turning, if any wheels are slipping, what mode the TC/ESP system is in, etc).

For example if you are just driving lightly away from a red light the car will be about 90-95% fwd. However if you load it up for a launch the system will immediately go 50/50.

Back