Quebec City

Faily vaca. We promised the offspring that if she became proficient in French, we would take her to Paris. She did, but we thought this may not be the best year for a big Europe trip so QC is as close as you can get via car. One of our favorite places. Having poutine withdrawal.

The hotel;
QCF.jpeg

QC1.jpeg

QC2.jpeg

QCF1.jpeg

I stayed at the Frontenac a few years ago and had a great time. Just went to Paris and London with the family this year a few weeks before the heatwave - it was perfect but my French is still terrible! There's a bar somewhere in The Frontenac that made one of the best dirty vodka martinis I've ever had in my life.

Haven’t been there in many years but it is a beautiful city. Going there and around the Gaspe is on my list. Almost did it this summer but ended up in Europe.

I drove there after the big Ice Storm of Winter '95-'96. You could see all the snowy white birch trees bent over.
They didn't break.
Also, every 3/4 mile or so there's be an access trail for wood removal. They cleaned out the fallen trees.

My hotel was 'down the hill' near Quebec's branch the Museum of Civilization'. It was on the corner of St. Peter and St. Paul Streets.

I've been telling people to go there ever since. The Old Town of Montreal is great but it's small and surrounded by a city as featureless as greater Stockholm or Helsinki.

Back