Quarts hold less oil than gallons???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I drin a few FULL quarts into a graduated jug, like a 5q Mobil 1 jug, it fails to fill it up to the line(s)...no matter how long I drain. Any ideas? Anyone have a more precise way to test this? Are we getting ripped with quarts, or getting extra with 4/5 quart jugs?
dunno.gif

Bad lines? I have old 2 stroke oil containers that I got from my folks after they sold their boat and they have marks on them and 5 quarts fills beyond where the 5 quarts normally was in the jug by just a teeny little bit and is just at the level of the filler neck of the bottles.

Those lines are supposed to be a rough estimate and if the bottle expanded(it's plastic), there will be more volume towards that 'bulge' in the plastic.

It's like measuring 150cc with a 300cc beaker... A scientist would rather pick up a graduated standard to measure if accuracy was required.

...Or who knows maybe you have an oil manufaturer to yell at.

Maybe that's why Castrol doesn't put marks on their 2-stroke oil bottles. I refuse to buy their oil because of it! Regardless of the reason they have a total moron in their 2-stroke department. Having to pour their oil into another companies bottle to measure it blows.
banghead.gif

Steve

quote:

Originally posted by srivett:
Maybe that's why Castrol doesn't put marks on their 2-stroke oil bottles. I refuse to buy their oil because of it! Regardless of the reason they have a total moron in their 2-stroke department. Having to pour their oil into another companies bottle to measure it blows.
banghead.gif

Steve

Why don't you just get a accurate measuring device for 2stroke oil. Several companies make them.
Most thin plastic containers tend to bulge at the sides giving bad readings. It seems worse the larger the containers are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back