Quality of Delphi aftermarket suspension products?

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Looking to replace lower control arms on a 2011 Mercedes S550. I typically purchase Lemforder suspension parts for Mercedes, they are often the OEM supplier. RockAuto has been the vendor I purchase the Lemforder parts from.

Unable to purchase the Lemforder lower control arms for the S550- maybe RockAuto is no longer supplying Lemforder. I notices Delphi markets a lower control arm for a S550, and the price looks very good. I have used aftermarket Delphi for things like GM fuel pumps, and was very satisfied.

Any thoughts on Delphi as a aftermarket suspension supplier for German vehicles?

For Domestic GM stuff Delphi is good, they were GM's manufacturer but for Euro and Japanese stuff I think most of it is outsourced.
I think you are probably better off with Lemforder. Have you looked on FCP Euro?

For Domestic GM stuff Delphi is good, they were GM's manufacturer but for Euro and Japanese stuff I think most of it is outsourced.
I think you are probably better off with Lemforder. Have you looked on FCP Euro?
Trav,

Thanks. Yes I looked at FCPEURO, they do have them and at a descent price when compared to MB OEM, about 50 percent less.

Don't want to take an unnecessary risk to save $200 - lemforder it is.

I have a Delphi control arm installed. Made in Turkey. I took a gamble with it instead of Chinese-made Moog. It does seem a little lighter than OEM Toyota but installed with little drama.

Have used some Delphi chassis on Volvos due to availability issues at the time. They werent of the same quality as the Lemforder in my opinion. Definitely not bad parts, never had an issue, but not lemforder

I installed some Delphi sway bar links on a minivan that came with nylon lock nuts. They were fine, but kept coming loose, and I couldn't loctite them to stay put, because of the nylon. I kept getting clunking noise after a few thousand miles when the nut got loose again.

So after a while, I just took them off and went to autozone, and got replacements. The Duralast parts have worked fine too, and haven't come loose, and I didn't need to loctite them or anything.

i got some delphi inner tie rods for a jag, looked high quality and was made in turkey. probably deeza

the original lemforder part was made in germany and could be bought under TRW for half the price. remember TRW and lemforder are always interchangeable on a mercedes

the original lemforder part was made in germany and could be bought under TRW for half the price. remember TRW and lemforder are always interchangeable on a mercedes

LEMFÖRDER = ZF and ZF bought TRW

I can't speak for suspension parts, but the crank shaft position sensor on my Santa Fe went out at like 66K. Known issue on that engine. The Delphi was $17 on Amazon, so I bought it and installed. Worked great for the rest of the life of the car (got rolled unfortunately.)

Back