Quakerstate Synthetic - where's the love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen much regarding this oil (I see it marketed as Q Horsepower at Wallmart)

Seeing that it is the most economical name-brand synthetic (especially with the $10 off rebate going on), I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it.

Anyone used this oil and have comments good or bad?

It goes for $18 for a 5 qt jug in my neck of the woods - or $8 with the rebate.

I'm running Torquepower in my Jeep now. I really like this stuff. Smoothed the engine out and better cold starts than Synpower.

Originally Posted By: sparkplug
I'm running Torquepower in my Jeep now. I really like this stuff. Smoothed the engine out and better cold starts than Synpower.

Is Torquepower the old or new name for Q Horsepower? Did something change?

I was just checking out the 2 clear QTP quarts I snagged last week. The bottles are thoroughly scuffed and date is 2006. Not much love at all.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I was just checking out the 2 clear QTP quarts I snagged last week. The bottles are thoroughly scuffed and date is 2006. Not much love at all.

does unused oil age?

Originally Posted By: mozart
Originally Posted By: sparkplug

Is Torquepower the old or new name for Q Horsepower? Did something change?

No, Torquepower and Horsepower are differnt, not exactly sure. Johnny would know. With the new line of oil QS is coming out with they dropped Torquepower and renamed Horsepower.

My old cav ran QS dino until I junked it...it was just fine.

I would run their synthetic with no issues....

it is my favorite syn cuz of price...qs just challenged mobil one and castrol to take a independent wear test

I run both Q Torque and Q Horsepower occasionally. I look for them at Menards on sale with great rebates; ends up around $2.50/qrt or less. Can't beat that performance/dollar ratio. Group III at group II prices. Run between 6-7.5k miles OCI. No issues.

I liked it at $18.00 a jug at Wally, but at $8.00 a jug with rebate, what's not to like? And, before this I've never been a synthetic buyer.

Well they have been closing out QHP &QTP here for $9-$15/ 5 qt jug and then the rebates...I have 31 jugs now
thumbsup2.gif

Plenty of love for a GRPIII at $2.00/qt.

Originally Posted By: mozart
I haven't seen much regarding this oil (I see it marketed as Q Horsepower at Wallmart)

Seeing that it is the most economical name-brand synthetic (especially with the $10 off rebate going on), I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it.

Anyone used this oil and have comments good or bad?

It goes for $18 for a 5 qt jug in my neck of the woods - or $8 with the rebate.

I don't believe there are any 'bad' SL/SM GF-3/4 synthetics.

Anyone know how the additive package stacks up in QS HP compared to the competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back