Quakerstate Q Advanced whatever 5W20 semi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember Q's nomenclature but anyway. I was inspired by the Kendall BigLots score so I went there myself. All mine had was about 20 qts of the Quakerstate well, I already attempted to name it...5w20. It was the older SL and not the newer SM. I didn't think it was a good deal $1.99 but then I went to Advance and saw it for $3.18

Anyone? I'm gonna head to the VOA/UOA's....

Is that the one with the X-rated see> through bottle?
grin.gif

Huh? It is see thru....

I'm thinking I may go back and stock up on this stuff. I forgot to point out it's their truck and SUV so I'm guessing (still haven't scouted VOA's) that it's got a stronger additive pack? I could use it in wifey's CR-V or to thin my massive stock of 15W40.

That QS 4x4 synblend 5w30 cut my consumption on my saturns a tad. Good stuff.

It's not the Winter Blend if it's in the clear bottle. It is one of the following oils:

If the label just says Q, then it is called High RPM.

If the label says Quaker State, then it is either Synthetic Blend 4X4, or Synthetic Blend for High Performance Engines.

These are the only blends they make in the clear bottles.

That pdf is for the SM oil. Think the SL is comparable? May be a good treat for the CR-V or maybe my parents' Accord. Course, I may use it in a brew for the saab.

Hmm, the flash point is actually 46 degrees lower than the Castrol Tection I have. I wouldn't though a synth blend would be better. Especially this quasi HDEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back