Quaker State Ultimate Durability Synthetic SN GF-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in WM yesterday and this was the newest formulation in the oil section so I bought all six bottles of 10w-30 to try in my Dakota. While I was there I picked up a Fram Extended Guard filter to complete my oil change. Does anybody know if this oil is similar to Pennzoil synthetics or have you had any experience with it? Thanks

Always liked the QS syns. Have run them several times including right now. The SN formula is maybe even better.

I noticed my local WM has the "SN" formula too......but ofc, they got it all pushed to the back of the shelf, so the "old" SM stuff sells first
smile.gif

Note: the bottle looks almost exactly the same...only difference is the change in the "donut" on the back of the bottle :p

They are wonderful oils, and both made by the same company, but I bet the forumlations are a touch different.

Good stuff. A lot of people here have tried it recently and stuck with it, citing a very smooth and quiet oil. Doesn't hurt that it's very well priced too.

QS Only seams to carry the old ACEA year '02 and '04 ratings per their website.

Valvoline Synpower carries the latest ACEA ratings A1/A5

Originally Posted By: Fallguy
QS Only seams to carry the old ACEA year '02 and '04 ratings per their website.

Valvoline Synpower carries the latest ACEA ratings A1/A5

I put in the QSUD ($8.50 for 5 quarts) for this last oil change. Pretty happy with it. Better gas mileage and a much quieter engine than the MaxLife it replaced. Next time, I'm going to try Synpower ($1.50/qt whenever I get my rebates back).

At walmart on the 5 quart jugs I noticed an instant rebate around the necks of QS UD. $2 off instantly for Higher Mileage and I think 3 or 4 off for Quaker State Ultimate Durability. The Higher Mileage was only $13.50 so $2 off is $11.50. Combine that with the above $5 back and you're down to only $6.50 so that's just $1.30 a quart. Not bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back