Quaker state UD 0w20 + Rislone Nano Prime, 5877 miles, 17 Subaru Crosstrek FB20B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quaker state Ultimate Durability 0w20 + 16.9 oz Rislone Nano Prime oil additive, 5877 miles on oil, 17 Subaru Crosstrek FB20B 17973 miles
No make up oil added, No visible oil usage when checking oil levels
Rural highway and dirt roads driving
Replaced with 5 qts of QSUD for next 6000 miles
Hopefully Nickel is from Oil Additive, will find out in 12000 miles and when i plan to do next oil sample

Metals (ppm)

Iron (Fe) 8
Chromium (Cr) Lead (Pb) Copper (Cu) 2
Tin (Sn) Aluminium (Al) 4
Nickel (Ni) 9
Silver (Ag) Titanium (Ti) Vanadium (V)
Contaminants (ppm)

Silicon (Si) 31
Sodium (Na) 7
Potassium (K) 1

Additives (ppm)

Magnesium (Mg) 68
Calcium (Ca) 2107
Barium (Ba) Phosphorus (P) 734
Zinc (Zn) 885
Molybdenum (Mo) 228
Boron (B) 13

Contaminants

Water (%) Coolant No

Physical Tests

Viscosity (cSt 100C) 8.8
Physical / Chemical
Base Number (mgKOH/g) 4.9

No additives!!!! Why do you and others do such things!!!!! I say that w concern and respect. Waste of money, time and resources. Ugh.

IMO the only additives should be used for normal use is occasionally a fuel additive to remove condensation and water from gas. Nothing else. Now if an engine has a problem and or is on its last legs try everything. I do use additives when warranted. However, for a low mileage new car running perfectly. Ugh. Pains me to see people dumping crap into their cars.

Yes, the Nano Prime advertises it has Tungsten and Moly (what form I do not know, it came out a blue color) also Zinc according to its MSDS. Nano Prime completely quieted the noisy Subaru Valve train after ~ 2000 miles. No MPG increase or decrease. Engine has ~ 500 miles on new oil and noise has not returned (Yet). For the anti-additive folks, I know but realize I am the type of person that adds STPP to the laundry as a Water softener (I have hard water) and Detergent Builder.

Originally Posted by digger327
Yes, the Nano Prime advertises it has Tungsten and Moly (what form I do not know, it came out a blue color) also Zinc according to its MSDS. Nano Prime completely quieted the noisy Subaru Valve train after ~ 2000 miles. No MPG increase or decrease. Engine has ~ 500 miles on new oil and noise has not returned (Yet). For the anti-additive folks, I know but realize I am the type of person that adds STPP to the laundry as a Water softener (I have hard water) and Detergent Builder.

Well when you think about it, it's your car and your money. You do what pleases you and ignore the haters. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by PowerSurge
I always laugh when people say never to use additives. What do you think is in motor oil?

Not an unknown variable with the consequence of no harm.

While the tungsten doesn't show up, I would have expected more moly... that 228ppm isn't much more than some non additized lubes. For what you likely spent on this oil change I'd have just bought either M1/Castrol EP products and ran them for 6k and probably still come out ahead...but it's your money, your car.

Email Rislone and ask them if their product would impart nickel into the lube.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
While the tungsten doesn't show up, I would have expected more moly... that 228ppm isn't much more than some non additized lubes. For what you likely spent on this oil change I'd have just bought either M1/Castrol EP products and ran them for 6k and probably still come out ahead...but it's your money, your car.

And you would have thrown money down the drain QS is every bit as good as Castrol and Mobil for this OCI.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Is this a GDI engine?

No FB20B is Port injected. 2016+ Subaru Imprezas and 2018+ Crosstreks have the GDI FB20D engine.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Next oil after current fresh fill of QSUD 0w20 will be either Zepro 0w20 Eco medalist Advanced Moly or their Eco medalist 0w20 Dexos that is on my shelf.

I emailed Rislone about the Nickel, I don't have good luck in getting a straight answer from companies.

Originally Posted by digger327

Next oil after current fresh fill of QSUD 0w20 will be either Zepro 0w20 Eco medalist Advanced Moly or their Eco medalist 0w20 Dexos that is on my shelf.

I emailed Rislone about the Nickel, I don't have good luck in getting a straight answer from companies.

I would be surprised if you didn't get a response of some kind. I've emailed Bars/Rislone in the past and I've gotten a response every time, granted I've never asked for anything that's a trade secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back