Quaker State to add Synthetic High Mileage and Euro oils to lineup

wemay

Site Donor 2023
https://www.autoserviceworld.com/quaker-state-adds-to-its-line-of-synthetic-motor-oil/

Quaker State is launching two new synthetic motor oils, High Mileage (for vehicles with more than 120,000 kilometers) and Ultimate Durability Euro Full (for European engines).

Quaker State says its High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil offers more wear protection and pumpability to increase engine life and performance. It also helps prevent leaks and reduces motor oil burn off. A suite of additives offer protection against harmful deposits that may form as the age or mileage increases.

This motor oil exceeds the requirements of API SN PLUS, API SN and ILSAC GF-5 industry specifications and will be available for purchase at retailers across Canada in September 2019 in the following viscosity grades: SAE 0W-20, SAE 5W-20 and SAE 5W-30..

Quaker State Ultimate Durability Euro Full Synthetic motor oil helps to protect modern, turbocharged European engines against wear, the formation of sludge and deposits, and heat-activated viscosity improves help to maintain oil thickness, all designed to extend engine life and provides more performance.

This motor oil will be available for purchase at retailers across Canada in October 2019 in the following viscosity grades: SAE 5W-40, LX SAE 0W-30 and L SAE 5W-30.

www.quakerstate.ca

Screenshot_20190903-174135_Chrome.jpg

I'll go on a limb and suggest the Euro versions are likely re-bottled Pennzoil/Shell Helix.

Edit - The specs on the LX are identical to the above two... So yes. Could be cheaper than the Pennzoil though, which is nice.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jbutch
Yup, rebottled Pennzoil...

Bigger market without having to reformulate I guess

I don't know about the US but the QSE would have to be more than $3 cheaper than the PPE since the QS rebate is $7 instead of 10 for Pennzoil. Unless of course you don't like dealing with rebates.

QS HiMi syn blend is already a fine oil..so unless the full syn is just a buck or two more, this is a non starter for my application (5k oci top's).

(even if it is reasonably priced, I'd be hard pressed to buy it since Wally's (Warren made) full syn HiMi is around $15 for a 5qt jug and Havoline HiMi SB is $16 for 6qts.. it's a very competitive segment so I guess it boils down to whether you are price conscious or brand loyal)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
Just noticed the QSHM 0W20 has a -66C pour point
shocked.gif

In case you happen to take a wrong turn and end up in Antarctica?🤔...‚

Interesting. Although I like Quaker state, I'm probably going to take a hard line against these offerings like I have with rgt. If they don't market these oils any better than current qs offerings, they'll make some great Auto zone clearance oils in a few years. The qs syn hm might do alright, as long as it maintains a lower premium than it's Pennzoil counterpart, but they've already discontinued qsud euro once....

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
I'll go on a limb and suggest the Euro versions are likely re-bottled Pennzoil/Shell Helix.

Edit - The specs on the LX are identical to the above two... So yes. Could be cheaper than the Pennzoil though, which is nice.

Yeah I saw that, oddly enough the QSE doesn't have the Fiat spec (9.55535-GS1) that PP Euro LX does. Hopefully they add the spec.

Quaker State Euro L 5w-30 seems different than the Pennzoil Euro L though.

13 cst @ 100c isn't even a 30 grade.

I'd be curious to see a voa of that oil

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jbutch
Quaker State Euro L 5w-30 seems different than the Pennzoil Euro L though.

13 cst @ 100c isn't even a 30 grade.

I'd be curious to see a voa of that oil

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The 5w30 is thicker at 100 than the 5w40

Sure hope they dont i picked up 3.... 5 gallons QS syn at walmart for 17.99 a jug .......cheaper than most other dinolube.you cant beat the price for QS syn vs anybody.....only walmarts blend is 1 dollar cheaper.

Originally Posted by gmh101357
Sure hope they dont i picked up 3.... 5 gallons QS syn at walmart for 17.99 a jug .......cheaper than most other dinolube.you cant beat the price for QS syn vs anybody.....only walmarts blend is 1 dollar cheaper.

Warren Distribution's Super Tech Syn is actually $14.37/5qt jug right now, so quite a bit more savings than a dollar less. Both are rollback priced.

Shell also makes this for Canadian Tire in canada. I believe it is the Pennzoil Euro L as it has the BMW LL-04 and mercedes and chrysler Low Ash specs for diesels with DPF. Although it doesn't say for diesel anywhere on the packaging just lists the specs. This normally goes on sale for 50% off

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Back