Quaker State Full Synthetic Oil

The old days when Menards had it on rebate at 1.99 a quart I used ton's of it-no issue for 6month/5k on most of them.Now kirkland I used of if no sale anywhere.

Ive been using QS for years and for the price at wally world .....its hard to beat.
They had it last year 2020 at 14.88 a jug so i stocked up.

Took a FORTRAN class in college. To complete an assignment I'd give the grad assistant behind the counter the stack of key punch cards I'd spent hours on, he'd take them into that huge room, and I'd wait for several hours to get the dot matrix printout. Then locate the errors, usually a missing or misplaced comma or period. Correct the error(s) and repeat the process a couple more times until it printed out a graphic composed of "x's". Finally aced the course but what a waste of time.
Been there and done that! In the end I said, "the hell with programming," and decided that comm-electronics and telecommunications were my thing. Have made a decent living for 37 years now.

I have used Quaker State Ultimate Durability synthetic in the last many times and it seems very good. And when I say “very good”, I mean it acts like other brands in my engine...little to no oil consumption, oil stays “clean” throughout most of the 5,000 mile interval, no strange noises coming from the engine, smooth, excellent price.

But who would have thought that in November we’d be seeing an oil on sale? And for $15.99 no less? Now we’re paying ten dollars more for Super Tech!!??

Been there and done that! In the end I said, "the hell with programming," and decided that comm-electronics and telecommunications were my thing. Have made a decent living for 37 years now.
About the time I took the FORTRAN class, someone tried to tell me the future was in telecommunications. I thought, “Pfft, everyone has a telephone.” :rolleyes: :LOL:

I was young and stupid, but things worked out, I’m living comfortably 47 years later.

About the time I took the FORTRAN class, someone tried to tell me the future was in telecommunications. I thought, “Pfft, everyone has a telephone.” :rolleyes: :LOL:

I was young and stupid, but things worked out, I’m living comfortably 47 years later.
We all find our place over time, I'd like to think. :)

Hello,

Anyone use Quake State Full Synthetic Oil? Walmart have it on roll back for $15.99 and it's rated dexos Gen2., My go to oil is Castrol Edge full synthetic 5w30....Thanks.
I bought I believe on roll back for $17.99 (the former QSUD) - it is in 3rd place for me behind Valvoline Advanced and M1 for GDI engines as it has low VII's and a good amount of Moly added . The QSUD tends to leave a bit of varnish on engine internals , so either drop in a bottle of Rislone engine cleaner with a new oil fill OR switch to M1 every 2nd or 3rd new oil fill .

they are underated oils. the 5w30 full synthetic has lower pour point, higher base number, better ccs and mrv and much lower noack than pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30. the api has tested the 0w20 version in 2020 and the results are impressive. noack is 7.1 the 0w20 full synthetic has better ccs, higher flashpoint and lower noack than amsoil signature 0w20 and is close to match it's pour point at -52 celcius vs -53 celcius for the 0w20 amsoil signature. canadian tire always has very good prices in my area for these oils.

I've "heard" Quaker State and Pennzoil, causes sludge buildup, Castrol causes build up in the air intake, excess blow by.. the latter I have never heard before. Until recently, the prior I know is a thing, several years back..
Ok...Scotty.....

they are underated oils. the 5w30 full synthetic has lower pour point, higher base number, better ccs and mrv and much lower noack than pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30. the api has tested the 0w20 version in 2020 and the results are impressive. noack is 7.1 the 0w20 full synthetic has better ccs, higher flashpoint and lower noack than amsoil signature 0w20 and is close to match it's pour point at -52 celcius vs -53 celcius for the 0w20 amsoil signature. canadian tire always has very good prices in my area for these oils.
But is it 'carbon neutral' like my beloved PPHM?

Back