Quaker State Full Synthetic now Dexos1 Gen3 approved?

That's right I can change my own oil in less time than it takes to drive to Jiffy Lube, wait, have the oil changed and drive back home. At less cost with a better oil and a better filter!
Same here, if it's spring through fall. If a vehicle needs a winter change, I drive it 30 miles to the military base and change it at the heated auto hobby shop. It's only a few bucks to rent a lift there. :)

That's right I can change my own oil in less time than it takes to drive to Jiffy Lube, wait, have the oil changed and drive back home. At less cost with a better oil and a better filter!
Does that include time and effort spent procuring supplies, disposing of waste and obsessing over it all?
Some are very happy to pay the money and deal with none of it. Must be, or Jiffy Lube wouldn't have done millions of oil changes over the last fifty years.

Does that include time and effort spent procuring supplies, disposing of waste and obsessing over it all?
Some are very happy to pay the money and deal with none of it. Must be, or Jiffy Lube wouldn't have done millions of oil changes over the last fifty years.
I guess that must be it. I understand the convenience factor. It has been decades since I went to a quick lube; just didn't know their prices got so high.

Just curious why anyone would pay those prices for Jiffy Lube? I've never paid that much, even at a dealership!
The prices do look high at that Jiffy Lube. For a lot of people Jiffy Lube is a known and trusted name though.

I normally pay $85 for a full synthetic change and bring my own OEM filter. The place I go to had been using Pennzoil but I noticed on my last receipt it was Duramax synthetic. In big cities oil changes are expensive. Here in Philadelphia which has a population of 1.5 million people, a lot of people don't have cars but of those that do most don't have a place to change the oil. The oil change places know this when they set the price. $85 for full synthetic is about the going rate.

I only drive about 5k miles a year or maybe less so I get it changed twice a year (spring and fall) to stay compliant with the warranty.

Last edited:
Only have one experience with Jiffy Lube. We had an F150 as a shop truck and there was a Jiffy Lube right down the street from us. Took it there for convenience for an oil change.

On way back to shop, heard a thump thump thump thump sound (like a pulsation.) Turns out, they checked the air filter and didn't latch the cover back, just had it set on there. Also, they didn't change the oil filter. Old one was a FRAM and had a small ding on it. I looked under vehicle and same filter was on there.

Took my company car to NTB and they left the oil cap off. I always check and sure enough.........

So, if I have a choice, I would never take my personal vehicles to any of these places. Zero training, zero pride in what they do. It's the quality we deal with these days. Very unfortunate.

Same price as supertech
20220920_120737.jpg

Last edited:
Only have one experience with Jiffy Lube. ...

On way back to shop, heard a thump thump thump thump sound (like a pulsation.) Turns out, they checked the air filter and didn't latch the cover back, just had it set on there. Also, they didn't change the oil filter.
Same here. They tried to up sell the AF and I said I just changed it 2 months ago. They said it was dirty. I said NO. They just threw the parts under the hood. They also took my valve stem caps and tossed them all.
Went back and they denied everything, mgr called upside tech into the office and tech said the car didn't have any valve stem caps. I said O.K. You will never see me again.
and this was after at the drive up stating verbally and on the clipboard form that I only wanted oil and filter change NOTHING else done. NO Vacuum no tire pressure no top offs.

I cursed the place under my breath every time I drove by. That was about 23 years ago.

Dang! just noticed - hornswoggled into another old thread!

@Matt1357 what are you doing to me!

- Ken

Nissan dealer Service writer:You have a leak on the top of the engine. OK." We can replace the valve cover gaskets (should do both sides) " Only nine hundred dollars, what a bargain.Engine has about an ounce of oil the length of the engine atop the VQ56 V8 driver side valve cover after 56,000 miles. I told her I would do them myself.They kept us there for 4 hours.The reason we brought it in was for front brake pads.I will never return to that dealer again.

Nissan dealer Service writer:You have a leak on the top of the engine. OK." We can replace the valve cover gaskets (should do both sides) " Only nine hundred dollars, what a bargain.Engine has about an ounce of oil the length of the engine atop the VQ56 V8 driver side valve cover after 56,000 miles. I told her I would do them myself.They kept us there for 4 hours.The reason we brought it in was for front brake pads.I will never return to that dealer again.
The Stealership mentality is become more perverse everyday!

Just curious why anyone would pay those prices for Jiffy Lube? I've never paid that much, even at a dealership!
This is the saying comes into play "You get what you pay for". People think or assume for that amount of money, they're getting top quality oil recommended for their vehicle.

Another vote for Magnatec: noticeably quieter (VQ56) with this oil. Calls for 0W20.
I thought magnatec was kaput / not being made anymore? I used to put it in my VQ40, and would again if they started making it again. It also used to be 19.99 at chinamart or bezos's outfit.

Don’t forget a 7-foot-long breaker bar for your next OCI after the pit kid hits your drain plug with the impact gun that’s set to “pulverize”
You could take it to my Toyota dealer instead. They sometimes say they changed the oil but don't actually change the oil. The good news is the drain plug is torqued correctly since the last one to touch it was me :ROFLMAO:

Walmart isn't going to hassle you about all that. Quick lube places will. That's why walmart has its advantages.
Correct, the main hassle at Wally is waiting 2-3 hours for your car while you eat and walk around and buy more stuff....

Back