Quaker State Dino 5W/30 Honda Accord 2003 I-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 months 5,200 miles, 150,000 on engine. Driven fairly gently in South Florida sub-tropical heat.
Quite a boring report probably of interest only to Accord owners and for the comparison between previous dino Valvoline 5W/30 (syn. stated on report is incorrect)and dino QS 5W/30. The QS certainly shows higher moly, boron, calcium, phos and zinc.

Accord%20UOA%209.25.11.pdf.jpg

Did it have a blown head gasket? Wear for the report with the high Na seems awfully low for a car with a blown head gasket...

All the Boron, moly and ZDP don't necessarily equal much better wear protection as seen in this UOA. The Valvoline did a great job as well (I do see it was a shorter run on the VWB). Either way great looking engine! Either oil works great so just buy what is on sale.

Proving, once again, that it doesn't really matter what oil by brand, weight, conventional or synthetic, you put in a Honda k-series motor, you're going to end up with an utterly unremarkable UOA.

Originally Posted By: Hounds
Proving, once again, that it doesn't really matter what oil by brand, weight, conventional or synthetic, you put in a Honda k-series motor, you're going to end up with an utterly unremarkable UOA.

Quoted for truth.

Originally Posted By: Hounds

I gotta agree x2. Honda designed / built them very well, hence why they have been in production going on 11 years now, used in every which model.

True about these engines.
Other engines from Honda always show good wear too, its not just the K series. The bread and butter Civic R18 is the same way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back