Quaker State 8A oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
100_0216.jpg
[/img]

Picked up a couple of Quaker State 8A oil filters for my Dodge Dakota for $2.24 each at Menards. I purchased it because the truck is a beater and a regular sized 8A is hard to replace on this vehicle. The shell is pretty flimsy compared to the Wix, but I knew that when I bought it. I'd say the size is closer to the old Dodge filter (PH16?) than an 8A. It'll probably be okay for the vehicle that it was purchased for.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
Quaker State filters are made by Purlator.

Yes, the QS has all the Purolator features. Just a lot of cheap features. The shell feels like a think beer can.

A lot of the Purolator made filters have shrunk lately.
frown.gif

Still a good deal for $2.50 though...

Originally Posted By: Rabbler
A lot of the Purolator made filters have shrunk lately.
frown.gif

Still a good deal for $2.50 though...

you are right! the pro-line brand (pepboys house brand, purolator made) has shrunk the same as quakestate branded filters. but the filters with purolator name ($3.50-$4.00) on them are still the same "old" sizes. they seem to have just shrunk the $2.50 generic branded ones. but as you pointed out still worth the $2.50. mike

Smaller = cheaper to make.

Problem is that some engines require the additional sump, thinking about the big filter to solve the VW 1.8t sludge issue.

IMO, any notorious sludge monster should avoid the move to brands that shrink their filters.

Originally Posted By: unDummy
Smaller = cheaper to make.

Problem is that some engines require the additional sump, thinking about the big filter to solve the VW 1.8t sludge issue.

IMO, any notorious sludge monster should avoid the move to brands that shrink their filters.

i agree! thats why i got the qs8a instead of the qs16 (which my caravan takes) the shrunken qs8a is still bigger that the old sized qs16. and it is still a oversized purolator filter for $2.50 (when compared to the qs16).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back