Quaker State 0W20 Oil - Is it any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2012 and 2014 Camry and usually do an oil change with Mobil 1 0W20. I found a deal for Quaker State 0W20 oil at a local store and wanted to know if this oil is good or should I stick with Mobil 1?

Also, I can do an oil change from my local Toyota dealer with Toyota 0W20 oil. Is that a decent oil or should I use Mobil, Quaker State, or something else?

Thanks

Last edited:
The car will fall apart around the engine if that is the only oil you ever used and change it out when time.

I just noticed you live in Canada. What's wrong with TGMO? I understand that is the best deal.

Last edited:
Sure QSUD is a good oil, just more expensive even when on sale compared to TGMO.
QSUD is normally $50 for 5litres and is on sale for $27.99
TGMO is always $5 a litre around here anyways, can't beat that for price, quality and specs.

Originally Posted By: Roob
Sure QSUD is a good oil, just more expensive even when on sale compared to TGMO.
TGMO is always $5 a litre around here anyways, can't beat that for price, quality and specs.

I never see Toyota 0w20 oil for $5. Most places want $13 a litre for it. Where in the Greater Toronto Area can you get Toyota 0W20 oil for $5 a litre?

What does a oil change on a Camry cost with Ow20 Toyota Oil?

Thanks

Noticed your sig says Mazda with moly. Unless you buy your oil from a US Mazda dealer, the Canadian Mazda oil is just a repackaged PetroCan synthetic. Better choice would be the TGMO imo.

Originally Posted By: hightech

I never see Toyota 0w20 oil for $5. Most places want $13 a litre for it. Where in the Greater Toronto Area can you get Toyota 0W20 oil for $5 a litre?

What does a oil change on a Camry cost with Ow20 Toyota Oil?

Thanks

Just bought a case of 12 in Sudbury for $5.74 a liter. Same price if I bought 1 liter. Call local Toyota dealers until you find one that follows Toyota pricing policy.

TGMO is $13 a litre in the Toronto area??? What!!!!
That's the first I've heard of that. Even Burlington prices for TGMO are about $5-6 per litre.
I'm in the K.W triangle area and its $5 a litre at the Lexus and Toyota dealer in Kitchener, Guelph and Cambridge locations. I can buy the litre bottles or they will fill any oil container I bring in with bulk TGMO 0w20. If a dealer in Toronto is charging $13 I would call them on it..
Not entirely sure about the TGMO oil change price. If memory serves me I think it was about $45-60 at the Toyota fast lane service in Kitchener. That was using genuine TGMO 0w20 synthetic.
Best thing to do is call around to the local Toyota and Lexus dealers, some will sell you a case of TGMO for $60.

Cheers.

Ahhh, good catch.
Yes I do buy it from a U.S. dealer at $6.81 a quart. However shipping is pretty much free as I have friends that are on the road/air for a living....It's the genuine Idemitsu Mazda with Moly 0w20 with the low kv40 of 35 and high vi of 221 with tons of moly and boron...
Great oil, but the TGMO is the best deal going overall in Canada, except Toronto if that $13 a litre price is real...

hightech, first welcome to BITOG!

As my fellow Canadian members have pointed out the Mobil made Toyota Brand 0W-20 (TGMO) goes for about $5.65/L.
This oil is specially formulated to Toyota's specifications and consequently is unique with a number of attributes that no other OTC oil offer including Quaker State and Mobil 1's own 0W-20.
Put simply, TGMO is the best 0W-20 value in Canada and is the oil to use in your Camrys.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
This oil is specially formulated to Toyota's specifications and consequently is unique with a number of attributes that no other OTC oil offer including Quaker State and Mobil 1's own 0W-20.

What are these "unique" attributes ?

By mentioning "attributes", I take it there's more of them than it's VI, and would appreciate an insight...and where such attributes are gleaned from since we have an MSDS only from mobil on the product.

QSUD is one of the best 0W-20's.

I like the moly, loads of calcium, and great everyday price.

But if you pick TGMO, PP, Castrol Syntec, M1, or other top tier 0W-20, you'll be fine too.

Originally Posted By: CT8
TGMO is special !!! Lots of v.i.

To varnish engines. Nice magical combination. TGMO has the potential to improve gas mileage by .00000000000000000001% and will leave behind more deposits in use.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: CT8
TGMO is special !!! Lots of v.i.

To varnish engines. Nice magical combination. TGMO has the potential to improve gas mileage by .00000000000000000001% and will leave behind more deposits in use.

Better get some then!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back