Quaker State 0w-20 for 2015 Subaru Crosstrek?

QSFS 0w-20 in and of itself is a fine oil, and meets the spec set in your Subaru's manual.
From what I have found, there have been a lot of people in the Subie crowd (FA20 and FB25) that burn more oil on 20-weights. Granted though, it's probably more rooted in the cleanliness of bottom-spec oils and their solvency. FFT
I own 2 Subarus both have the FB25 2.5L engine both get their Oil changed at the proper intervals both have plenty of miles on them and neither one consumes oil. I think the oil consumption is more of a lack of maintenance from previous owners and or a improper break in period.

Aside from running what the manufacturer recommends. Quakerstate/Pennzoil is good oil. People have done many tests as well as lab tests on Quakerstate/Pennzoil and it is good.

The people who hate on Quakerstate/Pennzoil as well as Valvoline are living in the past and do not know what they are talking about.

I been running Quakerstate a long time with zero issues.

Aside from running what the manufacturer recommends. Quakerstate/Pennzoil is good oil. People have done many tests as well as lab tests on Quakerstate/Pennzoil and it is good.

The people who hate on Quakerstate/Pennzoil as well as Valvoline are living in the past and do not know what they are talking about.

I been running Quakerstate a long time with zero issues.
All Subaru has in the owners manual that came with my car when I bought brand new was to use 0W20 SN-Plus now oil is at SP still run 0W20 which is and always has been a full synthetic oil. QS, Penz, M1, Valvoline, Royal Purple, Shell, Chevron, idemitsu which makes motor oil for Subaru and Toyota, Kirkland aka Costco motor oil. Are all good oils. Even Amazon basics. Which is made by the same manufacturer that makes super tech and Costco. Is good motor oil. People may have their own opinion on brands and what they have experienced. But Subaru does not endorse any brand of motor oil other than requiring the you use the correct specifications of oil 0W20.
So by all means QS is fine to use.

All Subaru has in the owners manual that came with my car when I bought brand new was to use 0W20 SN-Plus now oil is at SP still run 0W20 which is and always has been a full synthetic oil. QS, Penz, M1, Valvoline, Royal Purple, Shell, Chevron, idemitsu which makes motor oil for Subaru and Toyota, Kirkland aka Costco motor oil. Are all good oils. Even Amazon basics. Which is made by the same manufacturer that makes super tech and Costco. Is good motor oil. People may have their own opinion on brands and what they have experienced. But Subaru does not endorse any brand of motor oil other than requiring the you use the correct specifications of oil 0W20.
So by all means QS is fine to use.
I am referring to specifications not brand when I say run what the manufacture recommends. I have run Supertech on a Dodge for years and it was good oil as well.

Amazon, Costco, Supertech among others are made by Warren last I checked, but the way things are going lately who knows if they are switching up or not.

I am referring to specifications not brand when I say run what the manufacture recommends. I have run Supertech on a Dodge for years and it was good oil as well.

Amazon, Costco, Supertech among others are made by Warren last I checked, but the way things are going lately who knows if they are switching up or not.
Brand to me doesn’t really matter that much. As long as it’s the correct weight is API and current ILSAC rated it is all good oil.

Back