Qtorque 5w30 vs PP 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT1

Just did my first OCI on my 4Runner V6 with the WM $9 a jug QTorquepower 5w30 over the weekend. My engine is noticably quieter with this oil so far versus the PP. This could be a keeper for this engine.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

So you're saying that since it makes your engine quieter it's got to be a better oil for your application?

No strictly psychological...but it still amazes me that it takes several OCI's with PP before an engine wil quiet down from it. I have used PP on 4 different engines now and all made noise during the first 2 OCI's then quieted right down. The QTP is quiet right off the bat.

That's because the PP has already cleaned it out.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
That's because the PP has already cleaned it out.
grin2.gif

That is no joke. The first two engines I used PP on both had over 50k of dino use on them one was a Honda CRV and the other a Lexus V6 both has some black gunk on the oil fill cap and under the valve covers. Not the baked on crud you see on some engines but still dirty. After 20k with PP both were clean and very quiet. I do believe PP is the best oil out there but for $8 or 9 dollars for a 5qt jug I couldn't pass stocking up on the QTP & QHP.

I never seem to make out on deals like everyone else here. I mostly visit my local Walmart and they NEVER have any oil on close out. People reported Edge being 20 dollars from Walmart by them and it only went down $2 from $36 to $34 for a jug, and Pennzoil YB is $12 for a 5Qt jug. The QHP/TP is $10.75 by me. You made out good with your deal!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: panthermike
9.00 is a good deal, I would've done the same for sure.

How many jugs did you get?

I have 30 jugs now after using one on Friday. I keep a 2 year supply and wait until a good synthetic oil falls below $3/quart. Then stock up like crazy. I still have some PP 5w30 from the AAP Bogo sale in 2007 that I paid about $2.60-2.80/qt. I use that in the wifes Lexus and daughters Rav4. The QHP I got last week will cost $8/ 5qt jug after I get my rebate back. Where are you going to find an oil like QHP for $1.60/qt??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back