QSUD versus PP

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO! I was in Wally a few days ago and they had 5 quart QSUD jugs on the shelf for $19.97. My 2006 Azera has had PP 5w-20 since the FF was dumped, but the price point of QSUD has me seriously considering a change (PP 5 quart jugs are about $24.00).

I know, I know--what am I waiting for? Not sure, I really do not need to be convinced, but give me your thoughts on the matter.

Thanks in advance...

They are both extremely good. If your not picky go with QSUD and enjoy the savings. If you like the gray bottles get PP. You cant go wrong. At my local WM its $18.75 for a 5qt of PP. Which do you think I get?

I like both equally. For what it's worth I use Mobil 1 in both of my cars, but I would go for the better price at the time. QSUD thumbs up from me.

I'd call them equivalent for most DD applications. Get whichever is cheaper. QSUD is an underdog for sure.

go with the quaker state now that the price is good then when the price goes up find something else oil is oil as long as it is sm or sn rated

Both are good oils and go for the cheaper price at the time of purchase. Sopus does rank Pennzoil ahead of QS. At my Walmart QSUD is $19.99 and PP is $24.99. Sure enough I would go with QSUD.

I have used QSUD for a while now with not one complaint. It is very stout and a good deal for an awesome oil! Use with complete peace of mind.

I would go with the QSUD and save the couple dollars each oil change.

When you get the chance, you should write a review of the Azera in the vehicle section!

Price is close enough that you should just pick the one with the prettier bottle.

I've been using QSUD in my Hyundai Santa Fe since the the freebies at the Hyundai dealer ran out. . .QSUD is a good value and you'd be hard pressed to find a difference in their used oil analysis numbers. I'm actually using some Penz. Plat right now that I got on sale, but will return to the QSUD without hesitation.

PP had more certs including the Honda HTO-06 turbo spec, which QSUD didn't have. But, recently posted here says QSUD has recently added that cert. That being the case, and the price difference, QSUD would be the choice. But, if the price were the same or close, PP would be my choice. I've used both, running PP now off rebates and oil change specials.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
PP had more certs including the Honda HTO-06 turbo spec, which QSUD didn't have. But, recently posted here says QSUD has recently added that cert. That being the case, and the price difference, QSUD would be the choice. But, if the price were the same or close, PP would be my choice. I've used both, running PP now off rebates and oil change specials.

Yep QSUD added the HTO-6 recently. I should take a pic so everyone can see!

Another vote for QSUD. Im loving it in my Jeep right now. Not to mention according to the MSDS 5w20 is grp 3/5, 5w30 is grp 3/4, 10w30 is grp 4.

Originally Posted By: volk06

Just to clarify, I don't doubt you. After you added you have a jug dated June with new QS warranty on it, that explains it. And as said, as far as certs go, puts it on par with PP, for less money.

I've run PP and PYB as well as QSUD and QSAD and although I wanted to like PP & PYB - my Hyundai runs a little better on Quakerstate - go figure .

No worries! I completely agree theyre both on par with eachother with the QSUD a better deal!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: volk06

Just to clarify, I don't doubt you. After you added you have a jug dated June with new QS warranty on it, that explains it. And as said, as far as certs go, puts it on par with PP, for less money.

QSUD. I have it in the Acura right now in the 0W-20 flavor, and just drained out Ultra 5W-20. Since wear with ANY modern oil is really a non-issue, I judge which oil I will use by how the engine sounds and feels. It felt just a hair smoother on the Ultra (like I had a thicker oil in it), but feels a hair peppier on the QSUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back